• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer vs Cold weather flyers jacket and the Service Uniform

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
What's the difference between the summer and cold weather flyers jacket?

ie: Jacket, flyers, cold weather (CWU-36) vs Jacket, flyers, men's summer (CWU-36)

Marine Corps Uniform Regulations specifically mention the cold weather flyers jacket as authorized for wear with the service uniform, but does not mention the summer flyers jacket. Can I wear the Summer flyers jacket with my service uniform?

There isn't a person on this planet who is going to come up to you and say "Hey devildog. Isn't that your summer jacket? Does Papa ten twenty decimal thirty-four Golf say you can wear that? Take that trash off right now." That said, I'd probably wear the leather.

FTR, we're issued our winter weight jackets here. Why they can't issue them at NASP, I have no earthly idea.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes, Marines, wearing Nomex is authorized with your service uniforms. That said, it looks positively retarded. Put your leather jacket on, for God's sake! I've rarely had to put on Charlies on such short notice that I couldn't get my leather jacket, as well. Then again, in training command, I understand such events do happen.

BTW, I'm also proud to have never worn, much less bought, that gay ass tanker jacket. I do own, but have not worn since TBS, a useless freakin' trenchcoat!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I was med down for a couple of weeks, so I sat in the healing chair often.

And I'm a huge bitch when it comes to cold temps. The South has ruined me.

You guys are standing the duts in khakis now? Bags only when I was there.....sad

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
BTW, I'm also proud to have never worn, much less bought, that gay ass tanker jacket. I do own, but have not worn since TBS, a useless freakin' trenchcoat!

I have no idea why we are issued the summer weight jacket. It is useless.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Seconded. Good grief. Someone needs to publish a CNATRA instruction specifying that any SNA/SNFO who whines about having to "earn" brown shoes, let alone the jacket they just got ISSUED to them, SHALL be issued an immediate pink sheet for headwork/OLQ, and optionally kicked in the nuts until they recant. Pansies. :icon_tong

The reason new studs believe these things about boots/jackets/shoes is because there are douchebag 0-3s in the training command that actually propigate the idea.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The reason new studs believe these things about boots/jackets/shoes is because there are douchebag 0-3s in the training command that actually propigate the idea.
I was being semi-facetious, but this is true. It only takes one douchenozzle instructor to have an effect on a whole bunch of studs.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
We had a CO a few years back who would "smash bags" if someone wore their leather jacket and was not an Aircraft Commander.

Forget the nomex, the flyers fleece is way better!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like the man said: just takes one douchenozzle and the kids get all scared.

I blame it on all the Air Force and P-3 guys in the TRACOM nowadays. (I keed!)

Still, the thing that really amazed me was how many kids were too scared to wear brown shoes or the leather jacket they'd been fucking issued, but were fearless when it came to blowing off a muster, gundecking paperwork or ignoring liberty limits.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Like the man said: just takes one douchenozzle and the kids get all scared.

I blame it on all the Air Force and P-3 guys in the TRACOM nowadays. (I keed!)

Still, the thing that really amazed me was how many kids were too scared to wear brown shoes or the leather jacket they'd been fucking issued, but were fearless when it came to blowing off a muster, gundecking paperwork or ignoring liberty limits.

Meh, the later just cramp your style way too much :)

captdougjeffrey

Brown flight deck boots, sore subject, they were going out when I entered flt training, and we're coming in as I retired, I've tried my best to find a pair.

As for flight jackets, I still have my real leather, Vietnam era jacket, somehow it must have gotten wet because it seems to have shrunk about 4 sizes to small.

In the early 90's the leather flight jackets were made out out of fake leather, not goats skin leather.

As for wearing it easy, flight suit, POD working uniform of the day, any dress uniform in squadron spaces but not out of squadron spaces, it was authorized for wear with civilian clothes.

Green nomex I just checked the tag in mine, it says
Jacket, fliers, men's, summer CPU 36/P

Can't read you the label on my winter weight someone, busted out the window in my truck to steal it, but if I find the dirt bag after a ass stomping I post it. It was much thicker and much warmer than the summer weight.

For the green nomex, with the flight suit, on base working Dungeness for enlisted, and kakai's for officers and enlisted, never with and dress uniform or off base.

Hope it helps, if you see a dirt bag wearing my jacket, $100.00 reward, $200.00 if you accidentally stomp the snot out of the person wearing it, while trying to recover it.

Capt. Doug Jeffrey

captdougjeffrey

12 year thread resurrection... not quite a record, but not too shabby. :D Welcome to the site, Captain Doug!
Thanks for the welcome, I was researching real military flight jackets, since my leather jacket fits my grandson better than it does me, I wanted one that fits, and when I started looking around there are so many crap clones out there I didn't want to end up with a clone and end up on my closet floor, one of my questions brought me to this site and I liked what I was reading so I registered