• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer vs Cold weather flyers jacket and the Service Uniform

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Thanks for the welcome, I was researching real military flight jackets, since my leather jacket fits my grandson better than it does me, I wanted one that fits, and when I started looking around there are so many crap clones out there I didn't want to end up with a clone and end up on my closet floor, one of my questions brought me to this site and I liked what I was reading so I registered

Didn't ask any "what are my chances" questions and found the site by using a search function.

That's two aboves in my book. :D

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
every time I ask supply for a fleece, I’m told they don’t have them anymore and it’s either a Massif or nothing.

PMPT

Seconded. Good grief. Someone needs to publish a CNATRA instruction specifying that any SNA/SNFO who whines about having to "earn" brown shoes, let alone the jacket they just got ISSUED to them, SHALL be issued an immediate pink sheet for headwork/OLQ, and optionally kicked in the nuts until they recant. Pansies. :icon_tong
to be fair to them, it comes on down from the IPs and culture

allegroreyees

Student Naval Aviator
Seconded. Good grief. Someone needs to publish a CNATRA instruction specifying that any SNA/SNFO who whines about having to "earn" brown shoes, let alone the jacket they just got ISSUED to them, SHALL be issued an immediate pink sheet for headwork/OLQ, and optionally kicked in the nuts until they recant. Pansies. :icon_tong
It's kind of funny to see the shift in culture. Currently, a SNA or SNFO who doesn't have brown shoes gets a pink sheet from NASC.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
I wish I could pink sheet FRS students who wear black leather name tags. Winged designator = brown leather because #NotSWO.

I would also pink sheet whoever at the P-8 FRS decided that students shall not be issued fabric name tags and only wear leather since I went through. The instructors wear different color undershirts anyway, the argument that “we can’t ident students” is BS and looks dumb. But, all of this is classic #VPenis because we hate fun more than any other community.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wish I could pink sheet FRS students who wear black leather name tags. Winged designator = brown leather because #NotSWO.

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Zip your fly; your VPenis is hanging out.

HuggyU2

None
I don't think the AF even issues either the CWU-36P or CWU-45P jackets anymore. They went to the APECS jackets years ago. I think it looks like shit, but the kids seem to like it.

The -45P is too warm for Northern Kalifornia climates, but I still wear my old -36P regularly on the flightline.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I never understood that about the USN. $90M airplanes at $30K per flight hour, but they'll absolutely break our balls over printer ink and pens, and you have to be a made man in the Mafia to get a jacket.

Give a petty tyrant a way to lord over others and he shall execute.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I don't think the AF even issues either the CWU-36P or CWU-45P jackets anymore. They went to the APECS jackets years ago. I think it looks like shit, but the kids seem to like it.

The -45P is too warm for Northern Kalifornia climates, but I still wear my old -36P regularly on the flightline.
Generally saw the Massif OCP camo and all green NAVAIR style in class last week. Technically the OCP camo jacket is not authorized with flight suit but that's what is worn - with the blue garrison cap. Looks Good actually...I only saw older ANG types wearing CWU style jackets.

What got my attention is the variety of footwear worn with flight suits in AF land. Everything from basically tan Chuck Taylor's to Tan infantry style boots. Comfort is the priority apparently and all flight legal.