• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That's what I was saying, the fact that Lockheed built one of the fastest aircraft ever built with none of the technology that we have now is amazing. That, and we went to the moon with less computing power than I have in my laptop.

That's a bit generous. They had less computing power than your TI-83. ;)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Indeed......of course they built this 10 years earlier and w/ even less technology
xb-70_stbd-thumb-500x400.jpg

Pictures not mine of course

Actually, the A-12 'OXCART', the early version of the 'Blackbird', flew more than two years before the XB-70.

a12.jpg

http://www.blackbirds.net/sr71/oxcart/successortou2.html

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=592

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Maybe I'm the only one here that doesn't know this, but what's your relation to this a/c?
Check six is a common aviation term meaning look behind you. Don't let the bad guy get on your tail.

Ned just happened to choose it for his screen name.

Flugelman

Contributor
Any idea when this was taken? It's hard to tell, but I think that's a Block 0 and when I left, ER-61 was a Block .75, so it was probably before my time. Just curious.

Waikiki... My Google Earth Fu is strong today...:icon_smil

Man, I need to get out more...:D

Attachments

• Waikiki.jpg
    Waikiki.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 117

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting, I did not know that. North American must have taken their sweet time (though I think budget cuts were said to have caused a lot of problems for them)

They did run into budget uncertainties, mainly due to politics and debate on how well the B-70 would face against SAM's. But they did start their developments around the same time.

Another version of the A-12, the M-21 drone carrier for the D-21 drone:

m21_01.jpg

Of the two produced, one was destroyed on a M-21/D-21 separation test and the other is at the Museum of Flight in Seattle.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Reading comprehension, not so much....:eek:
But it was fun finding that spot... :D

Funny, that's exactly what I say everytime I wake up with an underaged girl in my bed.

To HAL and Ned: Thanks. I knew the term, but was curious if Ned not only had the most awesome photog job in the world, but was also an F-16 pilot!

Check Six

Tyler - You need a slap around the ears - F-16 (lawn dart) no thanks, now Hornet or Super Bug thats a different story :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.