• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
^^ Well it does look incredibly clean....

Come to TW-5 sometime and you'll see what the results of a 14-day should look like. For whatever reason, TW-4 doesn't like to actually apply soap to their planes.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Come to TW-5 sometime and you'll see what the results of a 14-day should look like. For whatever reason, TW-4 doesn't like to actually apply soap to their planes.

I remember noticing how dirty the TW-4 T-34s were down there... our -44s were generally clean (except for all the bugs after a low-level) and the -12s looked good too. The Corpus -34s looked used and abused... Don't remember ever having a dirty bird at Whiting.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 29 July 2008

104Section.jpg

Not a real strong photo... but I'll have more next week when I get back home to the slide collection and the scanner.

VF-301 F-4S section go from NKX (NAS Miramar), circa 1983.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'd thought I post a few of mine during my MIDN Summer Cruise.

This is all from HSC-3:

n7957494_45806702_8119.jpg

About to get ready to perform XCAR proceedures

n7957494_45806709_9927.jpg

Some midshipman (who can it be?) about to load the helicopter

n3705407_31819444_6057.jpg

Its good to go!

n3705407_31819451_1162.jpg

Giving the AW crewmembers the "shocker"

n3705407_31819445_6377.jpg

Running like crazy.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that a Navy T-38? The tail says TPS, did they fly them anywhere else?

TOPGUN initially obtained several for use as supersonic adversaries in the early seventies. They were cast off early model T-38 Talons that the Air Force didn't want and were in need of TLC. CO of TOPGUN enlisted aid of a C-130 and took a few leather flight jackets to trade for needed parts to get them flightworthy.

When they got their first F-5E Tigers, they gave their T-38s to the NAS Oceana based Adversary squadron (VF-43).

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Stuffed bow on the Kitty Hawk last week. Picture courtesy of Kitty Hawk. No idea how much time he spent to do the mixed black and white and Ironclaw color if indeed it's photoshop.

CopyofIMGP0006.jpg

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
I'll throw in a pic from my days in Kingsville. Cisforsmasher is the third airplane in this div form.

Attachments

• airwarriors.jpg
    airwarriors.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 207

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
^Seriously impressive shot of Midway Mr. Cat.

+1 to you for an eagle-eyed, perfect "ship-recognition" score on the now old and grey, but proud and still afloat museum ….

.... Of course your flattery 'may' have helped a little, too. ;)

Here's another Midway/Vietnam photo - MK-82s positioned starboard side of the island for the next launch. Our unsung AOs humped a lot of 500-pounders and heavier by hand all day (or night) long (12-on, 12-off less duty) - and extremely fast if we were in cyclic ops, :eek: back in the day.....

[I should have thanked our AOs a lot more than I ever did at the time, for their extraordinary efforts. But I do remain in awe so many years later of their esprit and dedication, lifting massive and dangerous weights safely for most of a day - most every day - in such a harsh, demanding, and dangerous environment. BZ you red-shirt guys; you and all the other hard-working rates that made it all happen; you all know who you are.... and so do I!!! :)]
ordnance2hd4.jpg

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
My addition to this thread:

Taken over Afghanistan on hour 6, of what turned out to be a 12+ hour day of ass actually in the seat.
We were tanking in the high 20's, notice how close the mountain peaks are.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN1092.JPG
    DSCN1092.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 716

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Maybe this is destined for the "stupid questions about Naval Aviation" thread, but when you are out there on station for 12 hrs, what do you do to pass the time? Are you busy, or is there a lot of down time? Obviously I'm not looking for any OPSEC-violating info here, but it seems like a lot of time to be up there.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
If i put my helmet on and my flight gloves, will a pic of me behind my desk making some sweet power points make the cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.