• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion4life

0723455.jpg

Are those the mountains near Pt. Mugu in the background?

Check Six

Badger - The Hornet and Tomcat were from Strike Test at Pax River. I think this eventually got renamed but their call signs back then were Salty Dog (SD). At that time Kevin (KT) Thomas was the Skipper of Strike Test and CDR Lynn Whitmer was Skipper of TPS with Mike (Rabies) Rabens the XO of TPS. They were awesome to work with.

Orion4Life - That photo I took down near Omaka in New Zealand.

Cheers,

Ned

B

Blutonski816

The Hornet and Tomcat were from Strike Test at Pax River. I think this eventually got renamed but their call signs back then were Salty Dog (SD).

No, they're still Salty Dogs, the only change I hear is that they're now VX-23

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Linked from the CNATRA web site....
t34_02.jpg

Anyone know the backstory as to why it's wearing Army attire?

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 27 July 2008

301blueBoat.jpg

Back in the States now, but not home yet...
Ms. RO wants another week of hiking and kayaking.. this time in Glacier NP.

VF-301 F-14A overhead USS Ranger (CV-61), SoCal Op Area, January 1986. The triangle of dots in the lower part of the picture are either F/A-18As or A-7Es in low holding.

The pilot was Chuck Henry... don't remember the RO's name.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Linked from the CNATRA web site....
t34_02.jpg

Anyone know the backstory as to why it's wearing Army attire?

Probably because the Army is flying it. I swear I've flown 262, but after perusing one of my logs (my other one is at work) I didn't see it. There is a 162261 and 162263 in my logbook, so 262 may have been there at one time (there's several series of aircraft at Whiting), but was then passed on to the Army.

The Army uses the T-34 over at Cairns. I believe they have the same colors as the TRACOM but I can't quite remember.

EDIT: Just noticed this plane doesn't have NACWS or GPS, so it's either an old pic or one that never came through the TRACOM. Maybe both w/ the style of helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.