• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Safety center could make a call, but in general the ARC owns a mishap - even if another squadron's pilots were flying it (unless you had a MOA saying something different).

I'm just going off of my memories from ASO school and it's been awhile since I read the 3750.6. The situation above is obviously pretty in the weeds, since it's an aircraft externalling another aircraft. I always thought that the aircraft that does the damage is the responsible one, but like you said, the best thing to do in this case would be to call the NSC and ask them.

B

Blutonski816

These guys came into KLAS this afternoon.

Later, I'll post a nice closeup of the markings on the LERX fence on the 01 bird

102_2650.jpg

102_2655.jpg

102_2661.jpg

102_2668.jpg

102_2669.jpg

102_2672.jpg

102_2677.jpg

102_2679.jpg

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 9 Aug 2008

f4nCAGcloseup.jpg

Back when Navy aircraft had color. VF-301 F-4N CAG bird climbs out from Miramar, 1978.
ComCVWR-30 at the time was Riley Mixson, who later made flag rank and a name for himself in Desert Storm.

B

Blutonski816

^ I love that whole black wraparound look on the nose

I thought only VF-21 did that

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
^ I love that whole black wraparound look on the nose

I thought only VF-21 did that

Actually, VF-301 did it first on the West Coast -- in 1974 when they got their Phantoms. VF-21 did not wrap it around until mid-1975, when Devil Houston took over the squadron.

Status
Not open for further replies.