• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flugelman

Contributor
A few from the collection--

Tanking1.jpg

Great pictures... +1 You must be busier than a one armed paper hanger in there, what with stick, throttle AND camera...:eek:

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Yes... I was lucky... My amigo (Kevin Healy [Pretty sure that was it]- Think he is still in) somehow went up to the platform and was taking a ton of shots and then I was lucky enough to be in one of those shots!!!! I think he had a couple of others that are on a disc or something but that one was significant to me... So had it blown up and produced on 'real' photo paper and kept it... That is the scan of the blow up that hangs on my wall!

B

Blutonski816

Shit Hot!

The filename of the pic sums it up...

BTW: Do I spy glove vanes??

B

Blutonski816

Six of the Death Rattlers' Charlie Hornets at KLAS leaving yesterday afternoon.

102_2745.jpg

102_2773.jpg

Even single-seat types need a little help now and then.
102_2779.jpg

This is my take on HeyJoe's use of the "Batman" angle...
102_2799.jpg

Snake 204 as it takes off from runway 16R
102_2822.jpg

102_2825.jpg

B

Blutonski816

...and to balance out my posts...

A pair of Cobras leaving as I took the first pics of the 323 hornets...

102_2769.jpg

102_2771.jpg

I took this one earlier this year. No, that's not a shock wave. It's a water spot on the canopy.

I was gonna say "that's some grody-looking shockwave... where were you guys over?? Mexico city??"

phrogpilot73

It reminds me of a story I've heard of a Phrog that had a hard landing, suffered some damage, but was still repairable. So, they get the Army to come put it on a truck to drive it out of the desert. In transit, the Army forgets to check bridge clearance and destroys what's left of the phrog when they crunch it into a bridge.
That sounds eerily familiar. If it happened in an OCONUS desert, I don't think it was due to a hard landing. Unless it happened more than once.

The story I'm recalling was that the squadron was mission complete and were beginning their retrograde via C-5's. One of their aircraft had some sort of historical significance and was being trucked up to the airfield (in order to not risk it - after all, it was to be inducted into a museum) and that's when CRUNCH, they drove under an overpass... The same squadron had an aircraft that suffered rocket damage to a stubwing (talk about an unlucky aircraft - started in my squadron and had a Class C AGM, transferred to them and had the stubwing damaged in a rocket attack. THE DAY it was back up, another rocket attack damaged the same stubwing). Of course, the two stories could have gotten combined (or it could be that I'm recalling incorrectly).

Pags

N/A
pilot
That sounds eerily familiar. If it happened in an OCONUS desert, I don't think it was due to a hard landing. Unless it happened more than once.

The story I'm recalling was that the squadron was mission complete and were beginning their retrograde via C-5's. One of their aircraft had some sort of historical significance and was being trucked up to the airfield (in order to not risk it - after all, it was to be inducted into a museum) and that's when CRUNCH, they drove under an overpass... The same squadron had an aircraft that suffered rocket damage to a stubwing (talk about an unlucky aircraft - started in my squadron and had a Class C AGM, transferred to them and had the stubwing damaged in a rocket attack. THE DAY it was back up, another rocket attack damaged the same stubwing). Of course, the two stories could have gotten combined (or it could be that I'm recalling incorrectly).

The bird in question is now at the Carolinas Aviation Museum. Here's it's webpage:

http://www.carolinasaviation.org/collections/helicopters/ch46-153389.html

Here's the helo following its hard landing:
File001.jpg

And here it is after hitting the bridge and being prepared to be returned stateside:
DSC01117.JPG

You can see that the helo looks a litte worse for wear in the second pic.

phrogpilot73

The bird in question is now at the Carolinas Aviation Museum. Here's it's webpage:

Here's the helo following its hard landing:

And here it is after hitting the bridge and being prepared to be returned stateside:

You can see that the helo looks a litte worse for wear in the second pic.
Then I stand corrected, I guess my recollection of the events must have started to merge together - especially since I was recalling that it was 263, when in reality it was 161. I guess I'm getting old. The unlucky rocket damage aircraft I mentioned was 263...

Status
Not open for further replies.