• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Here's the helo following its hard landing:

And here it is after hitting the bridge and being prepared to be returned stateside:

You can see that the helo looks a litte worse for wear in the second pic.

I don't really see a difference. Oh, now I see it. One picture was taken outside, one picture was taken inside.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I don't really see a difference. Oh, now I see it. One picture was taken outside, one picture was taken inside.

The bottom pic helo looks like the forward and aft rotors are completely sheered off.. (unless you were being sarcastic)

EDIT: I get it now.

Pags

N/A
pilot

I know it's not a very good picture. The only real difference you can see is that the aft xmsn is sheared off. I think the army safety magazine had a picture from the other side and you could see more of the damage from the bridge strike.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
----------------------------> My post

You

Orion4life

I saw this while driving on I-55 through Missouri and stopped to take a look.

TA-4J 1.JPG

TA-4J 2.JPG

TA-4J 3.JPG

Sorry if the quality is a little low. I had to use a my cell's camera to take the pictures.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
NorIsF14overfly.jpg

Returning to NAS Miramar, a flight of VF-301 F-14A Tomcats overfly NAS North Island and the city of San Diego, circa 1986.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I saw this while driving on I-55 through Missouri and stopped to take a look.

View attachment 7121

View attachment 7122

View attachment 7123

Sorry if the quality is a little low. I had to use a my cell's camera to take the pictures.

That Jet must have been parked there for a long while... Cause 'Bones' put on 0-4 in late 95/early 96... He was my OPS O on cruise, was CO of VT-7 SAU and is currently an MD-11 FO here at Purple and Orange...
Known 'Easy Ray' Sweeney for a long time, GREAT AMERICAN!

Orion4life

That Jet must have been parked there for a long while... Cause 'Bones' put on 0-4 in late 95/early 96... He was my OPS O on cruise, was CO of VT-7 SAU and is currently an MD-11 FO here at Purple and Orange...
Known 'Easy Ray' Sweeney for a long time, GREAT AMERICAN!

There was no one around to ask when I took the pictures. Do you know why the jet ended up in Cape Girardeau, Missouri? I looked it up and all I found was that the airport used to be a training field for the AF, nothing in there about any significance to the Navy.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ Accomack Co. Airport on the E. Shore of VA (very small regional field) has an A-4 as well. Not sure why, but it looks cool.

Attachments

• accomack a4.jpg
    accomack a4.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 97

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^^ Accomack Co. Airport on the E. Shore of VA (very small regional field) has an A-4 as well. Not sure why, but it looks cool.
AND .... probably 'cause it was "close" when it was put out to pasture ... i.e., the AF tail code = CVWR-20. Looks like a Super-Fox as well .... which probably traces it's lineage from VC-12 @ NAF Detroit which morphed into VFC-12 "The Fighting Omars" @ NAS Oceana ... :)

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
AND .... probably 'cause it was "close" when it was put out to pasture ... i.e., the AF tail code = CVWR-20. Looks like a Super-Fox as well .... which probably traces it's lineage from VC-12 @ NAF Detroit which morphed into VFC-12 "The Fighting Omars" @ NAS Oceana ... :)

I know that back in the day that there were NAFs all over the country...but I would have never thought Detroit!

Status
Not open for further replies.