• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, please don't get yourselves in trouble or anything. I was just making an observation and wondering how it all worked. Thanks guys.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Any of you folks in the EA6B community that's willing to do a favor for an old AE2 send me a PM. I'd like to get my hands on a Growler patch and decal as well as a VAQ132 patch and decal. Yes, I'm a former Scorpion. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The Pod RATS are limited to 525kts/.86 Mach by NATOPS anyway.
Only .86 M .... ??? Shoot, we can beat that in a Whale all day long ... or at least @ 12 hours. :D

nopac3de9.jpg

photo by A4sForever

ProwlerPilot

pilot
They can go faster than .86..... So I've heard!:eek:

And as for the Super going super sonic, not that often unless it is up high. Then it can. But down low you actually have more speed in a Prowler. That is without AB of course! The days of the sonic boom Tomcat flyby's are over. I'm not sure when they are retiring those. Someone should write an article on that or something. Perhaps they are already gone. Just don't hear much about the Tomcat!:p

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
^^I hate to state the obvious, but the F-14s have been retired for almost 2 years now. Theres just no way you couldn't have known that, is there?

ProwlerPilot

pilot
^^I hate to state the obvious, but the F-14s have been retired for almost 2 years now. Theres just no way you couldn't have known that, is there?

Try to swing a dead cat anywhere near an Approach, Tailhook, or Wings magazine in the past 2 years, and I guarantee you hit a Tomcat article. Usually about the last flight, trap, bomb dropped, complete hyd failure, dropped pencil, cancelled for weather, loose screw, or flat tire event. I believe there is a plaque for all of those events to that was presented at a ceremony with a band.

The Prowler retirement article will probably be in the "Misc" part of the classifieds!:D

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Try to swing a dead cat anywhere near an Approach, The Hook, or Wings of Gold magazine in the past 2 years, and I guarantee you hit a Tomcat article.
More wanking ... deleted for brevity

The Prowler retirement article will probably be in the "Misc" part of the classifieds!:D

What you may not understand, is that whoever sends the stuff in, gets it published. If you don't send it in, guess what.... nothing gets published.

Get on you community to be send in more stuff, and more stuff will be published. Simple, no?

ProwlerPilot

pilot
What you may not understand, is that whoever sends the stuff in, gets it published. If you don't send it in, guess what.... nothing gets published.

Get on you community to be send in more stuff, and more stuff will be published. Simple, no?

Once again, much sarcasm on the last post. :icon_tong There will be much fanfare when the Prowler dies as well. But it was comical near the end of the Tomcat and all the millions of "last" milestones that were published. Agreed it was a sweet jet.

And we're not ugly! We're big boned! :D

Kycntryboy

pilot
Growler

Has anybody heard anything official or otherwise when they are going to start allowing studs to select the Growler? I thought it was going to be around this time, I don't know if they are waiting for the fiscal year change or what.