• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Something tells me this company has a bit of a… bumpy road ahead of them.
Right? This isn't some kind of new tech. I'd be interested to see their business plan, and what their insurance premiums are. Sounds ridiculous IMO. But hey, people are willing to spend money on ridiculous shit, so I dunno...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah, I mean the 727 is a cool plane, but I'm not sure I'd want to be flying them in this environment. New operator, unusual loads from an unusual flight profile, probably minimal profit margins......maintenance would seem to be a big question mark. Reminds me of a flying OceanGate

Fallonflyr

pilot
Maybe new owners but they have been giving Z-G flights on this jet for quite a few years. Too bad this is a 121 op, might be a fun retirement gig.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
A number of industry groups are at odds with pilot unions over this funding to alleviate "pilot shortage". What say you?

I’m hardly clued in to how the process works beyond a young person spending a small fortune to amass 1500 hours. I admired the old European system of an-initio training direct from the airline but even that is disappearing, so I guess offering more training grants could be a good thing.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I’m hardly clued in to how the process works beyond a young person spending a small fortune to amass 1500 hours. I admired the old European system of an-initio training direct from the airline but even that is disappearing, so I guess offering more training grants could be a good thing.
Color me skeptical.

Maybe it’s in there, but why not offer grants to, oh I don’t know, highly qualified military aviators serving their country that just don’t have the ME time yet?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Color me skeptical.

Maybe it’s in there, but why not offer grants to, oh I don’t know, highly qualified military aviators serving their country that just don’t have the ME time yet?
I believe there is a program that does just this and includes funding for ATP.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I believe there is a program that does just this and includes funding for ATP.
If it’s out there, I’d love to find it. Most of my friends that have pursued it pay cash or use their GI Bill, the former of which I don’t think should be necessary. I also think the cash price is exorbitant for essentially just getting a certificate.

Navy COOL has basically shut out aviators.