• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Another surprising one was MSY. Smaller, but pretty nice renovated terminal, some decent food options, think there is a club of some flavor there (Delta maybe?), and all the Tobasco schwag you could want to buy :)
This reminds me, I landed once to refuel at KARA. The FBO personnel were so friendly and had great homecooked cajun food while I was waiting.

The interior was absolutely plastered head to toe in Tabasco schwag and they sold every flavor of Tabasco you can think of along with ones to put on your food.

I see the name of the town is "New Iberia" and I asked the woman behind the desk, "hey, New Iberia... I've heard of this place... why? What is it known for?"

She looked at me like I was the world's biggest idiot and was like "umm... Tabasco."

Yup. I felt dumb.

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
This reminds me, I landed once to refuel at KARA. The FBO personnel were so friendly and had great homecooked cajun food while I was waiting.

The interior was absolutely plastered head to toe in Tabasco schwag and they sold every flavor of Tabasco you can think of along with ones to put on your food.

I see the name of the town is "New Iberia" and I asked the woman behind the desk, "hey, New Iberia... I've heard of this place... why? What is it known for?"

She looked at me like I was the world's biggest idiot and was like "umm... Tabasco."

Yup. I felt dumb.

Hidden gem that one. If you came on the right day they were fresh frying catfish and hushpuppies. Plus a freezer full of ice cream. The Zoomies hated seeing us there. Only made it a few times as IP/IP since it was a bit too far for a student X. My other IP/IP single bag of gas faves were Oxford (Neon Pig burgers) and Asheville (Sierra Nevada taproom right by the airport)

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
Another surprising one was MSY. Smaller, but pretty nice renovated terminal, some decent food options, think there is a club of some flavor there (Delta maybe?), and all the Tobasco schwag you could want to buy :)
My wife was living in New Orleans when they opened the new terminal. It was night and day. The old terminal was dark, dingy, and depressing.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Are there any FedEx fliers on here that can confirm or deny that one of their pilots accidently connected to an annual corporate Zoom call, while having a nude toe clipping session in the head? 😁

Some in the comment section, are saying it may have been a disgruntled pilot though, and it was intentional.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Yes, it happened.
The story I heard was that it lasted several minutes, and that the tech guys were scrambling to pull down that account.

If so, it's hard to believe that there weren't lower level staffers rushing the stage looking for plugs to pull, or a trusted advisor appearing from off-stage and whispering in the speaker's ear, (like GWB at the elementary school on 9/11)

"OK guys, we're gonna take a 10 minute break to stretch your legs out."

or

"Thanks for tuning in, I think we've covered everything.. See you next year." 😁

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Are there any FedEx fliers on here that can confirm or deny that one of their pilots accidently connected to an annual corporate Zoom call, while having a nude toe clipping session in the head? 😁

Some in the comment section, are saying it may have been a disgruntled pilot though, and it was intentional.

It’s true…. Supposedly he has been counseled and it was an accident and will not be punitively punished. I don’t know who it was but I have buds that do and it is OPSEC. It is shockingly tight lipped but with the Company going after people right now over social media posts and such, everybody is being smart with what they say or memes they forward!