• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

US "violation" of Venezuelan airspace

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
And I suspect that we are done here...

argue.jpg

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
How about MILF?

I'm interested in how some of you justify assasinating leaders of sovereign nations just because they don't happen to get along with the US? How does this establish the US on the moral high ground?

Brett

Even if were were to ignore right and wrong, what would be the point? So you kill Hugo, some other goon comes up and takes his place.

whalepelt

On the actual news front, they've updated that article. We have admitted that an S-3 did enter their airspace due to "lost navigational situational awareness".

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
On the actual news front, they've updated that article. We have admitted that an S-3 did enter their airspace due to "lost navigational situational awareness".

Wow...that's gonna sting at Charlie time.

May I be the first to mention...OPSEC.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Think about it, guys: it was likely an ES-3. You still wonder "why".

Note to those below who corrected me: ageing is an unfortunate & irreversible process. I don't keep up with this stuff as well as I used to. Sorry for the bad gouge.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Think about it, guys: it was likely an ES-3. You still wonnder "why".

Uhhh, the ES-3 went the way of the Dodo bird in '99.

And Chavez is smart enough to know that shutting off oil shipments to the US would hurt him more than us. He is a lot of talk, not as much action.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Think about it, guys: it was likely an ES-3. You still wonnder "why".

That would highly unlikely......they (ES-3 Shadow) were retired in 1999, but S-3B Viking isn't totally gone yet.