• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

US "violation" of Venezuelan airspace

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Why is it that AW discussion keeps following my JMO course readings? Just finished Law of the Sea yesterday.

That's right, JPME actually has a section devoted to Sea-Lawyering.

Now, if I could just get them to accept time on AW for credit towards the NWC Master's Program.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know plenty of people who have had to debate which "black line" is the actualy black line. Chavez and Co. are always looking for a way to spin things in their favor.....that is what evil dictators do, spin things so they are victimized and plotted against.

And sometimes US military aircraft fly where they are not supposed too, over every black line in the book. I have known more than a few instances of that.......;)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And sometimes US military aircraft fly where they are not supposed too, over every black line in the book. I have known more than a few instances of that.......;)

Indeed!

SR-71A_04.jpg

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Mods....recommend closing this thread.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Or we could just say "let's all remember OPSEC" and let the thread stay open. Yeah, we'll do that.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I knew a guy who got the call sign "Baja" in R-2301 on the TACTS range.

On a bug south they popped up just tooling around well south of the border. Bill Dollard, working the TACTS range says something along the lines of "Aardvark 106, recommend turning right to 350 heading to re-enter the United States."

The RIO who was sure he was still in 2301 was forever known as Baja.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

On a bug south they popped up just tooling around well south of the border. Bill Dollard, working the TACTS range says something along the lines of "Aardvark 106, recommend turning right to 350 heading to re-enter the United States."

When I was doing a BI in Las Cruces I had a stud who was struggling under the bag. The working area is only a couple of miles from the border and as I asked him to turn north, I could see the road/fence that marked the "Hotdog line." For whatever reason we just weren't turning and I finally had to say, "Hey man, I need you to turn or the Mexican Air Force is going to come shoot us down." I guess that did the trick.

Flugelman

Contributor

We've spent the last 4 winters parked next to the golf course on the north edge of the Goldwater Range. I often saw F-18's and AV-8's hauling ass due south at low level and wondered if they ever poked into Mexican airspace since it is only 18 miles to the border there. :eek:

HuggyU2

None
It apalled me when I found out who was flying. Sorry guys, cannot divulge that info but I guarentee you this, it will be interesting.
Well, I'm only an Air Force guy, and don't know much about the Navy,... but I'm guessing this rules out about anyone who's an O-5 or below. How many O-6's or higher fly in the S-3??

Speaking of flying over Mexico, I heard this at Laughlin AFB: "Rake 45, Rake 45 (Rake is a solo T-38 call sign), Del Rio approach on Guard,... Turn left heading 060,... the United States is in your 6 o'clock for 12 miles."

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
We've spent the last 4 winters parked next to the golf course on the north edge of the Goldwater Range. I often saw F-18's and AV-8's hauling ass due south at low level and wondered if they ever poked into Mexican airspace since it is only 18 miles to the border there. :eek:

The border in the 2301 is really easy to see. That said, people bust it fairly frequently but nobody ever gives much of a shit. Range just comes up and tells you to work North.

Every WTI some East Coast Hornets will take off runway 21 and go direct to the R2507 (Chocolate Mountain). They'll invade Mexico by 10 or so miles. It's always entertaining to the rest of us, but nothing ever comes of it.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The border in the 2301 is really easy to see. That said, people bust it fairly frequently but nobody ever gives much of a shit. Range just comes up and tells you to work North.

Every WTI some East Coast Hornets will take off runway 21 and go direct to the R2507 (Chocolate Mountain). They'll invade Mexico by 10 or so miles. It's always entertaining to the rest of us, but nothing ever comes of it.

The border road is pretty easy to see at altitude...but it quickly becomes an invisible line of dust at 500' and 500 kts on a low altitude bug out.

Ask me how I know, Señor...:D