• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

US "violation" of Venezuelan airspace

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
The border road is pretty easy to see at altitude...but it quickly becomes an invisible line of dust at 500' and 500 kts on a low altitude bug out.

Ask me how I know, Señor...:D

There's a fence and a road there now. It's even easier to see down low. Doing a same side left from Patriots to Cactus West, if you action for more than 15 seconds, you'll start hearing Mexican trumpet music.

HuggyU2

None
You think we'd pay Mexico a buck a year to have MOA's and other SUA's on their side of the river, and expand some already very good airspace. With all the aid we give them, that should be an easy sell.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
You think we'd pay Mexico a buck a year to have MOA's and other SUA's on their side of the river, and expand some already very good airspace. With all the aid we give them, that should be an easy sell.

THAT is an awesome idea.

Which is one reason it will never happen.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Actually, I think that would be a great idea! Noise complaints, not! (unless someone thought they'd be a buck in it). We get some of best training on deployments using Godforshaken relatively unpopulated parts of countries like Oman (++++), Saudi Arabia, Morocco, etc. especially when they launch against us. Mexican Navy has E-2C Hawkeyes and wants Su-27s. Maybe if that doesn't work out for them, we can make a deal with US provided "Red air". I know at least one company is working on getting some Su-27 Flankers in country USA and has pilots already in ground school now. Why not?

+1 for a great idea!

THAT is an awesome idea.

Which is one reason it will never happen.

So true, but we dump counter-narco money on them in a big way, why not ask for something tangible in return?