• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WATCHES: Question for all you Aviators

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
nkawtg said:
Commander, Carrier Strike Group Five (CSG-5) choice...BREITLING AEROSPACE
'Scuse me .... But have you seen what kind of cars the retired CAPT's & Admirals are driving (??) .... or the houses they live in (??) ... or the "wives" they have (??) ..... i.e., one of our local two-stars goes through the "seconds" rack at the Commisary. A sorry sight ...

I don't .... :)

The defense rests ....

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
nkawtg said:
Commander, Carrier Strike Group Five (CSG-5), Rear Adm. Douglas McClain's choice...BREITLING AEROSPACE

Doug "Hound Dog" McClain...a true American hero. Former A-6 driver, Blue angel and now Admiral. Probably the most personable and talented man I've ever served with.

He led a division of Hornets during the 50th celebration of VJ Day in 95. I was in another gaggle in a jet with our CAG "Lobster" Fitzgerald (since C6F and C2F).

Hound Dog filed as "Hauli One"...gotta love it, the controllers did.

r/
G

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Schnugg said:
Doug "Hound Dog" McClain...a true American hero. ....
Not trying to take any "shots" @ McClain .... I don't know the guy (obviously) ... just answering "nkawtg" with his stupidity re: Breitling watches ... soooooooooooooooooo .... again ... not taking anything away from McClain's USN skills -- they're evidently better than mine .... but he still "drives" a 2nd place watch. :)

And I wonder where he will shop @ the Commisary in a couple of years when he retires ???
:)

Ahhhhh .... retirement. The great equalizer. :)

MasterBates

Did I miss the briefing on watches at some point? Is this a big tradition that HSL just never picked up?

All I wear is a $25 NEX special, and that seems to be the norm here in HSL-Land.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
MasterBates said:
Did I miss the briefing on watches at some point? Is this a big tradition that HSL just never picked up?

All I wear is a $25 NEX special, and that seems to be the norm here in HSL-Land.
Yeah, but that's no suprise as most of the Helo guys I knew didn't wear underwear, either ... :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
heyjoe said:
Except he'll have a choice parking spot at the commissary
OUCH !!! And Touche' ... That's right --- he'll be parkin' the VW up close and personal. The catbird seat, so to speak. I KNEW I shoulda stayed in those next three years --- for the parking spot!!!:)

But on the other hand, I'd rather park the Escalade or the Benz further out and walk anyway .... good exercise and saves on door dings.

NavyLonghorn

A4sForever said:
OUCH !!! And Touche' ... That's right --- he'll be parkin' the VW up close and personal. The catbird seat, so to speak. I KNEW I shoulda stayed in those next three years --- for the parking spot!!!:)

But on the other hand, I'd rather park the Escalade or the Benz further out and walk anyway .... good exercise and saves on door dings.

Ohh. God.. ouch.. I just got blinded by your BLING A4's.

East

东部
Contributor
I'm not discussing where the man is doing his grocery's nor where he is (or is entitled to) park(ing) his car....just noticing the precious piece of metal on his wrist.:icon_wink

snort

Banned
To answer the original question. I'm a watch freak, I collect watches like my wife collects jewelry. I wear an Armitron while fishind or hunting, a Tag/Heuer for knockabout, and and a stainless Rolex GMT Master on the town. You wouldn't believe how many people judge you by the watch you're wearing.

I'm also lying my @ss off all the time.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
A4sForever said:
But on the other hand, I'd rather park the Escalade or the Benz further out and walk anyway .... good exercise and saves on door dings. [/B]:)

Dayum!:eek: That airline pilot pay must be pretty sweet.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FlyMikeFly said:
View attachment 2846
I have this one. It's a nice watch, but the face does have some scratches and it weighs about 7.5 lbs (my left arm is much stronger than my right since owning it).

I have the "sailing" version and like the multiple time zone feature, but it almost needs a NATOPS to remind you how to use the features and reset to another time zone.

Sabre170

None
If you go Panel Nav and get to San Antonio the AF will issue a TIMEX IRONMAN. Yes the Navy guys got them too. Thank you AF.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
For all those who need to still compare watches, here is a picture of the former aviator, current Navy O-6, and blogger extraordinaire, Neptunus Lex. Notice the watch.

Attachments

• guy2.jpg
    guy2.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 230