• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WATCHES: Question for all you Aviators

GMan1976

Banned
xmid said:
...had a name that put me in an elite group. ... some times the super rich have to have items that are rediculously expensive for no good reason, just to to say--Look at me! I can wipe my ass with hundred dollar bills!;)

and there ya have it. i totally agree...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
wristwatchdialBIG.jpg

so I'm guessing I need to upgrade

Is that a wristwatch moboard?! You SWOs really need more libo:D

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
S.O.B. said:
Does the Marine Corps Bonus differ from fixed wing to helo, if so how much?

At the moment, no. $18K for the long bonus, $12K(?)ish for the short bonus. When I took it it was $25/18 for f/w, $7/3 for r/w. My buddy at the next desk over from me is on the $7 while I'm on the $25. Makes for lots of fun jokes!

BlkPny

pilot
Good news! I heard Walmart is having a Father's Day Special on Audemars Piguet. Hurry on in.

JIMMY

anyone know where you can get one of theses?
hamilton7cj.jpg

Honestly, i think its a bad a$$ looking watch. its just plane and simple.

so far this is the only thing ive been able to find and buy

watch.jpg

lol, $25 bucks from timex... but its plastic...

...dont worry, i have a citizen skyhawk too... saving up for an omega speedmaster (someday).

T

TXHusker05

I have had a Citizen Blue Angel watch for the last six years, it is durable. Never needed to change the battery, the glass isn't scratched, the metal band only broke once when I got hit with a pitch playing baseball with it on. It is a great day to day watch and nice enough to wear for dress up.

I am thinking about buying an ecodrive but who needs ecodrive when I haven't even needed to change a battery in six years.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
jpaviator said:
hamilton7cj.jpg

eBay .... seriously, they are periodically up for auction.

Why, where do you think I got mine?? --- Also my commission, my Wings, my flight jackets, and, and, and, *breathless now *, and my khakis and my brown shoes ???
:)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
TXHusker05 said:
I have had a Citizen Blue Angel watch for the last six years, ......I haven't even needed to change a battery in six years.

You're probably about due. I had a regular Navihawk (upgraded to Omega X-33) and it sh!t the bed at about 6 years. You can change the battery yourself (I did), just be sure to seal it right if you're ever going to dive with it. I've taken it to 105' since I replaced the battery, no problem.

Pags

N/A
pilot
jpaviator said:
hamilton7cj.jpg

so far this is the only thing ive been able to find and buy

watch.jpg

lol, $25 bucks from timex... but its plastic...

...dont worry, i have a citizen skyhawk too... saving up for an omega speedmaster (someday).
look at www.hamiltonwatch.com and check out the field mechanical under the khaki collection and then look for a dealer. pretty much the exact same watch, just new in the box.

or, google hamilton khaki...and here's the first result:
http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/H69419933.asp

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Citizen Blue Angels

View attachment 2846
I have this one. It's a nice watch, but the face does have some scratches and it weighs about 7.5 lbs (my left arm is much stronger than my right since owning it).

FatKid

I have a Breitling B-1. It is the best. However, I never used it it the jet. If you are hell bent on getting one wait until you go one cruise and the Breitling rep does an Airwing order. Also, with the internet, local dealers are willing to negotiate on price. I got mine for $2000 when they first came out, retail was $2500, now I think they are around $1500.

Features:
Full function wizz wheel
Never used it, cockpit math = approximate & divide by 60
NVD compatable lighting
NVDs are focused at infinity so you can't read your watch with them anyway.

Too pretty to risk scratching up on preflight or in the jet

Best watch: $30 Timex from the NEX. If you get the Velcro band make sure it doesn't come off and fod the jet, also it starts to stink after a while.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FatKid said:
I have a Breitling B-1. It is the best. However, I never used it it the jet. If you are hell bent on getting one wait until you go one cruise and the Breitling rep does an Airwing order. Also, with the internet, local dealers are willing to negotiate on price. I got mine for $2000 when they first came out, retail was $2500, now I think they are around $1500.

Features:
Full function wizz wheel
Never used it, cockpit math = approximate & divide by 60
NVD compatable lighting
NVDs are focused at infinity so you can't read your watch with them anyway.

Too pretty to risk scratching up on preflight or in the jet

Best watch: $30 Timex from the NEX. If you get the Velcro band make sure it doesn't come off and fod the jet, also it starts to stink after a while.

I got my B-1 in UAE and got a better deal than any I had seen elsewhere. I got it for 1900 I have seen them retailed for anyhwere between 2500 and 3200. I wore my flying preflighting etc and yes it did scratch a bit but I am sending mine back for a thorough cleaning and buffing.
I think what they mean by NVD compatible is that it wont bloom out your goggles more so than you will be able to read your watch. Most indiglo type watch lights wont screw with the gogs so it is a mute point but a great watch.

East

东部
Contributor
Admiral's choice

Commander, Carrier Strike Group Five (CSG-5), Rear Adm. Douglas McClain's choice...BREITLING AEROSPACE

Attachments

• breitling.jpg
    breitling.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 214