• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WATCHES: Question for all you Aviators

Pags

N/A
pilot
i'm a big fan of my hamilton sub. i like it for the same reasons A4s likes his Rolex...good for all occasions.

and why not use an expensive watch to pick up the ladies? they might actually think you're some kind of high roller, instead of on a government salary.

HazeGray

Smoke On!
what about....

Chase-Durer?

i know some Bone guys wear those. supposedly, the AF seems to be their biggest customer. but they have one with a VF-211 back plate, with squardron patch in the face.

ill see about finding a picture.

but as for me, Blues citizen eco-drive is what im sporting, fattest watch i ever seen.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
what about....

Chase-Durer?

Chase-Durer watches are rinky dink compared to Omega, Brietling, Rolex, or Tag. They are not even close. They look and feel cheesy, and their price reflects it.

HazeGray

Smoke On!
well, im not gonna argue. never seen one in person......but they looked cool. and heck i guess its just as well that i cant get the picture to work

but aside from the citizen......i would have to go with the Brietling. love the name and the look

ip568

None
"... We also noticed that most of the new pilots had large, complicated wrist watches. We assumed they had penises to match." -- Ernest K. Gann, "Fate is the Hunter"

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
"... We also noticed that most of the new pilots had large, complicated wrist watches. We assumed they had penises to match." -- Ernest K. Gann, "Fate is the Hunter"
Like I said ....
A4sForever said:
...This is the watch I sported during most of my "hunter-gatherer" days .... you will notice the face is, in fact, quite small. It's always been about quality ... not quantity. :)

hamilton7cj.jpg

By the way .... **OPINION** --- Ernie Gann was a major-league A**hole --- he lived just up the island chain from me and I had the occasion to meet him a couple of times prior to his 1991 demise. Funny thing is .... he really didn't like pilots all that much and especially --- airline pilots --- go figure. Had a bad experience with AA is what I heard. But then, in his later life, he didn't like basically anyone. A great writer ... but a real 1st class pr*ck .... sorry to burst anyone's bubble ..... :)

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
I have a pair of chase durer watches. I use on for diving, the other is just a "sometimes" watch. They seem pretty good to me. I don't use them for flying though (I am not a Naval Aviator, just a civilian pilot). I think I am going to go with a citizen or omega watch when I really need one for flying.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
*sigh* ..... Gentlemen .... please.

This is the watch I sported during most of my "hunter-gatherer" days .... you will notice the face is, in fact, quite small. It's always been about quality ... not quantity. :)

hamilton7cj.jpg

Ah, the old, reliable, and ubiquitous combat watch. But where's your mini-magnetic compass you attached to the wristband, so you didn't get lost?

My combat watch is in a drawer. It stopped ticking a few years ago – better it, than me! ;) But I still keep it around as an old friend.

And its replacement is also of the same, small face quality. :icon_smil

[BTW, do they still issue those watches? Or what, if any, is the replacement?]

VAmookie

WHOA WHOA WHOA. You mean that even in the golden era (A4's and Catmando's days) you had to wear one of those silly wrist compasses on your watch band. Damn thing's near the top of my hate list.

What i want to know is, who's sporting the golden watch that Christopher Walken wore up his ass in the hilton?

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
CORPSviation said:
WHOA WHOA WHOA. You mean that even in the golden era (A4's and Catmando's days) you had to wear one of those silly wrist compasses on your watch band. Damn thing's near the top of my hate list.

What i want to know is, who's sporting the golden watch that Christopher Walken wore up his ass in the hilton?

Nope; didn't have to wear one of those jack-in-the-box wrist compasses if we didn't want to, or even the watch. But we did have a couple of Nuggets and maybe two 2nd cruise RO's who thought the compasses were, ah, "cool" and did wear them.

Also, I had conveniently forgotten about Walken's "Pulp Fiction" watch. And no-thanks for reminding me.:yuck_125: