• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

luckynumbr27

Gents....honest opinions pls.

I am a E6 active duty AO applying for Pilot/NFO
I have minimum astb scores
11 years of service
3 appraisals (two O-5, one O-6, all 10s)
O-8 LOR and O-5 LOR
BS from SIU with 3.9 GPA
Oh and I'm 31 years old.

Whats my chances of getting selected?
IYAOYAS am I right?? ? seems like the guidance we get from people in the know on here is that it is pretty hard to get selected with minimum scores. Apparently though, the board looks favorably on prior service, especially if it was in the aviation community and had you working on a flight deck/flight line.
Overall, it’s a pretty mixed bag and there seems to be a lot of variance between boards. If you look back at some of the spreadsheet from boards prior, they took anyone and everyone on the OCT 2020 board, slightly less in the January one, and then there were people with legitimately good packages getting denied in the May one. We’ll have the results from this board relatively soon and we’ll be able to see what the trends look like for what scores are getting selected and what aren’t. Good luck man.

hlhenriksen

11 years of service
O-8 LOR and O-5 LOR
BS from SIU with 3.9 GPA
Oh and I'm 31 years old.

By now you’ve probably gathered that nobody has any idea, but it wouldn’t hurt to get the astb scores up if possible. Obviously too late for this board (if you’re on it?) but if you don’t get selected you have an awesome package otherwise and the test scores are probably the easiest thing to change in the grand scheme of things. Best of luck!

BDavis11

Contributor
I’m thinking P-8s or V-22s from a lifestyle standpoint but if I get all the way there I’m going to have a tough time not at least trying to get jets. I’d hate to look back and think I might have had the chance to do pretty much the coolest thing ever and didn’t take it
I feel you on that

Magrey

11 years of service
O-8 LOR and O-5 LOR
BS from SIU with 3.9 GPA
Oh and I'm 31 years old.

Dude if you already burned all your test attempts just send it. I know friends on the last three boardsa with minimums across the board and they got picked up. How are your evals? Good luck