• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

IYAOYAS am I right?? ? seems like the guidance we get from people in the know on here is that it is pretty hard to get selected with minimum scores. Apparently though, the board looks favorably on prior service, especially if it was in the aviation community and had you working on a flight deck/flight line.
Overall, it’s a pretty mixed bag and there seems to be a lot of variance between boards. If you look back at some of the spreadsheet from boards prior, they took anyone and everyone on the OCT 2020 board, slightly less in the January one, and then there were people with legitimately good packages getting denied in the May one. We’ll have the results from this board relatively soon and we’ll be able to see what the trends look like for what scores are getting selected and what aren’t. Good luck man.
The board can select less but is not supposed to select more than a certain amount on each board, they did vary a bit more in the past but now they are trying to limit numbers for each board, which will work for a short time but then create a huge backlog and goes against the "best qualified" ideals. The Oct board had a 74% selection rate which is good, and it looks like the way they are limiting applications they are going for 91 SNA selections with 137 applications to review so expect a 60-70% selection rate

If there is a tie breaker sure they would look favorably on prior service (in most cases) but with minimum scores it will be tough, it is rare to see a selection with minimum scores, keep studying and be ready to retest after board results come out. The thing to remember is ASTB scores are an indicator of success in the pipeline so the board looks heavily on them.

RSPaviator

For the sake of pumping these page numbers up, what kind of flight experience do people have? Anyone have more than a PPL? Commercial, Instrument, or CFI or anything?

Anyone done any aerobatics?

Joshkp08

Dude if you already burned all your test attempts just send it. I know friends on the last three boardsa with minimums across the board and they got picked up. How are your evals? Good luck

I have burned all 3 attempts. Had higher scores on 2nd attempt but made dumb decision to see if I could get higher. My evaluations are solid. Always ending at top EP everywhere I have been. Playing waiting game for results but wanted input because I have not met many that picked up in my situation.

Joshkp08

IYAOYAS am I right?? ? seems like the guidance we get from people in the know on here is that it is pretty hard to get selected with minimum scores. Apparently though, the board looks favorably on prior service, especially if it was in the aviation community and had you working on a flight deck/flight line.
Overall, it’s a pretty mixed bag and there seems to be a lot of variance between boards. If you look back at some of the spreadsheet from boards prior, they took anyone and everyone on the OCT 2020 board, slightly less in the January one, and then there were people with legitimately good packages getting denied in the May one. We’ll have the results from this board relatively soon and we’ll be able to see what the trends look like for what scores are getting selected and what aren’t. Good luck man.
Thanks for the solid info. I am not sure if I made it to the board this time but I received email from Paul saying that my package was going to "next eligible board" in July sometime. I submitted back in June though. I guess I'll cross my fingers and play the waiting game while trying not to think about it lol

RSPaviator

Thanks for the solid info. I am not sure if I made it to the board this time but I received email from Paul saying that my package was going to "next eligible board" in July sometime. I submitted back in June though. I guess I'll cross my fingers and play the waiting game while trying not to think about it lol
I assume you already checked the at-board list? If not its posted back on page 26.

CaptMorgan

For the sake of pumping these page numbers up, what kind of flight experience do people have? Anyone have more than a PPL? Commercial, Instrument, or CFI or anything?

Anyone done any aerobatics?
30 hours in a 172 and then about 190 in a blackhawk as a crewchief

Lolzach69

Why aren’t you following up with your recruiter to find out your status?