• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

RSPaviator

Not yet, I stopped flying a couple years ago but I really need to get back into it. Wby?
I got a PPL in February, when I was going AF the PCSM is decimated by low flying hours.

I met someone who was an f-15 pilot and later T-38 instructor and he said if I want to fly jets I should get some experience with G's to know how I feel. Trained with him for High Performance and Complex then we did about 15-20 hours of aerobatics. Pulled nearly 6 G's and 2 negative G's, throughout training, shits no joke, it's a whole new perspective on flying, for me anyway ?

exNavyOffRec

Dude if you already burned all your test attempts just send it. I know friends on the last three boardsa with minimums across the board and they got picked up. How are your evals? Good luck

The minimums dropped for the last board from 6 to 5, that limited the numbers so those with 6's would sometimes get selected, they also had high selection rates as rumors were going around that there was no board so OR's held applications, now looking at the dashboard if they hold true to limiting applications and capping selections expect a selection rate in the 60's, with the higher applicants and lower spots it will be more difficult to get selected with lower scores.

savage510

For the sake of pumping these page numbers up, what kind of flight experience do people have? Anyone have more than a PPL? Commercial, Instrument, or CFI or anything?

Anyone done any aerobatics?
At 42 hours in a shitbox 172 right now, just need 3 more solo hours before my checkride. Almost had a wing strike last saturday coming back in from a solo XC with some gusting winds I didnt correct for properly at my local airport (KMYF). First time i've had shaky hands from flying so far lol.

Last edited:

RSPaviator

At 42 hours in a shitbox 172 right now, just need 3 more solo hours before my checkride. Almost had a wing strike last saturday coming back in from a solo XC with some winds I didnt correct for properly at my local airport (KMYF). First time i've had shaky hands from flying so far lol.
Learning to fly in that airspace ? yikes!!! Yeah crosswinds are no joke in these shitboxes. Good luck on your check ride!

savage510

Learning to fly in that airspace ? yikes!!! Yeah crosswinds are no joke in these shitboxes. Good luck on your check ride!
Thanks man. Yeah San Diego is really tough to learn in, you literally cant have a crosswind leg for runway 28R at KMYF because youll tag MCAS Miramars Bravo airspace. Shit is busy. Granted when Im on downwind for 28R and im getting passed by F35's/growlers/rhino's on the downwind for Miramars left traffic pattern it is pretty damn motivating.

Yokason

For the sake of pumping these page numbers up, what kind of flight experience do people have? Anyone have more than a PPL? Commercial, Instrument, or CFI or anything?

Anyone done any aerobatics?

I've got a solid 6 hours in a Piper Archer
would have been ~15% cheaper to fly a Cessna 172. At the time, I was trying to press hours in fairly quickly since I was looking at an AF board much earlier in the year, and having those 6 hours meant a lot for my score. Got as far as doing ground reference maneuvers.

There aint nothin quite like getting up in the air in the mornin and riding that high for the rest of the day. Can't wait till I can fly more.

RSPaviator

Thanks man. Yeah San Diego is really tough to learn in, you literally cant have a crosswind leg for runway 28R at KMYF because youll tag MCAS Miramars Bravo airspace. Shit is busy. Granted when Im on downwind for 28R and im getting passed by F35's/growlers/rhino's on the downwind for Miramars left traffic pattern it is pretty damn motivating.
Yeah I feel you, not as nice as Top Gun, but I got Mather and Beale out by where I live. I see the t-38s practicing and get to see the occasional U-2 which is pretty cool.

but yeah your airspace is a mess that’s like flying near SFO or LAX ? it’s definitely good practice though

RSPaviator

I've got a solid 6 hours in a Piper Archer
would have been ~15% cheaper to fly a Cessna 172. At the time, I was trying to press hours in fairly quickly since I was looking at an AF board much earlier in the year, and having those 6 hours meant a lot for my score. Got as far as doing ground reference maneuvers.

There aint nothin quite like getting up in the air in the mornin and riding that high for the rest of the day. Can't wait till I can fly more.
Yeah AF is all about flight hours, I was trying to build hours like crazy, got my PCSM score into the 90’s at the 80-100 hours mark. That’s when I pulled my app and went Navy.

yeah I love pipers, low wing > high wing all day ?

trickyricky870

Yeah AF is all about flight hours, I was trying to build hours like crazy, got my PCSM score into the 90’s at the 80-100 hours mark. That’s when I pulled my app and went Navy.

yeah I love pipers, low wing > high wing all day ?
Same here dude I had 92 PCSM with 65 hours and a ppl. Application looked good and all but they cancelled that June board so I immediately went navy and now that I know more very happy about it. Air Force is suck. Navy is cool.

kotn

Air Force is suck. Navy is cool.

For real. I was dragged along for a whole year and a half by the Air Force OR who kept telling me he submitted everything to MEPS and I just needed to wait for them to clear me to schedule an appt.

When I first met up with the Navy OR, he looked me up in the MEPS system and laughed and said they didn't submit shit lmao.

I wouldn't be mad if it wasn't for the fact the AF OR posted vids of him working out and work ethic quotes on insta every other day. ? but I get it... why work when covid and all the AF boards were cancelled.

WorldWar33.3

For real. I was dragged along for a whole year and a half by the Air Force OR who kept telling me he submitted everything to MEPS and I just needed to wait for them to clear me to schedule an appt.

When I first met up with the Navy OR, he looked me up in the MEPS system and laughed and said they didn't submit shit lmao.

I wouldn't be mad if it wasn't for the fact the AF OR posted vids of him working out and work ethic quotes on insta every other day. ? but I get it... why work when covid and all the AF boards were cancelled.
I'm surprised you guys even got to talk to Air Force ORs. None of them in my area answered my calls.