• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Well that is at least something to look forward to. Is it harder waiting for results or now, waiting for your class?
Definitely.

Lol, personally I'd say waiting for results is much harder. It feels like a weight is lifted of your shoulders when you find out. When you know you're selected, waiting for the process to continue toward OCS is much easier. Notice how almost all of the nervous banter and general chatter is completely gone, the forum slows down a lot after results are released and I think a lot of people get to relax after being pent up with anxiety for so long.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Definitely.

Lol, personally I'd say waiting for results is much harder. It feels like a weight is lifted of your shoulders when you find out. When you know you're selected, waiting for the process to continue toward OCS is much easier. Notice how almost all of the nervous banter and general chatter is completely gone, the forum slows down a lot after results are released and I think a lot of people get to relax after being pent up with anxiety for so long.

That is good to know! My anxiety is killing me. Just the general since of "what more could I have done" has been bugging me since submission. Again congrats on the selection! Has been a blast watching your journey.

H_ZNgineer

On or above Cloud 9
Certainly commiserating with other applicants is a big stress reliever for people who are nervous about their application and (especially now) don't have other outlets for release. Now I actually have to worry about my side projects rather than looking forward to them!

franktastic1

Definitely.

Now I only refresh this page every half hour instead of every 3 minutes... progress!

Forgedinwater

Well that is at least something to look forward to. Is it harder waiting for results or now, waiting for your class?
It is a huge weight off to know the results. No more sleepless night and watching my phone hoping for a call. I was actually able to sit down and study. Anxiety is replaced with excitement. Now I'm just going to work, working out, and living life until Newport. It also helps that when people ask me what I'm doing I don't have to say "not sure yet" and I can proudly say "I'll be a pilot in the navy"

johnnybgood83

It is a huge weight off to know the results. No more sleepless night and watching my phone hoping for a call. I was actually able to sit down and study. Anxiety is replaced with excitement. Now I'm just going to work, working out, and living life until Newport. It also helps that when people ask me what I'm doing I don't have to say "not sure yet" and I can proudly say "I'll be a pilot in the navy"
I agree with this. After being selected I am finally able to tell everyone that knew my plans. I was so tired of being asked at work and having to say "I am not sure yet". This began to make me feel like people began to think I wasn't serious due to the long wait....

Although I feel much better and the weight is lifted off of my shoulders, I am having an extremely hard time being motivated at work. Knowing my future plans for the navy makes me care much less about my current position. I hate that I feel this way, but I don't know if i can help it or not. Anyone else feel this way?

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
All of you are welcome in the 25 Jan chat. Beware we are a gloomy bunch. We spend too much time on Air Warrior MD and the prognosis is always the same "There will be no SNA/SNFO". Then we argue on the validity of the statement. Then we repeat the process!

johnnybgood83

All of you are welcome in the 25 Jan chat. Beware we are a gloomy bunch. We spend too much time on Air Warrior MD and the prognosis is always the same "There will be no SNA/SNFO". Then we argue on the validity of the statement. Then we repeat the process!
I can totally understand that. Lots of uncertainty with the board. I feel for you all. Best of luck!

Forgedinwater

I agree with this. After being selected I am finally able to tell everyone that knew my plans. I was so tired of being asked at work and having to say "I am not sure yet". This began to make me feel like people began to think I wasn't serious due to the long wait....

Although I feel much better and the weight is lifted off of my shoulders, I am having an extremely hard time being motivated at work. Knowing my future plans for the navy makes me care much less about my current position. I hate that I feel this way, but I don't know if i can help it or not. Anyone else feel this way?
I have felt that way for a very long time unfortunately. That is what made me look the navy in the first place, completely unsatisfied with my current job. Honestly I was hoping to ship sooner because I really don't want to be there, but as I said last year, one more year won't kill me...

Mntman

Contributor
Last edited: