• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

exNavyOffRec

From what I understand, It'll be taken into account and usually that is case-by-case basis

There is no telling the date you get - it depends on needs of the Navy.
The date available is generally respected as they have no idea why you can't go before that date.

We never had a person get a date prior to the date available, there have been a few here that have and they had the date adjusted to after their date available.

parin365

SWO Applicant
You guys think the board already convened earlier today?

Also, what was the size of this applicant pool?

derludwig

You guys think the board already convened earlier today?

Also, what was the size of this applicant pool?
Last I saw on here (from @MFord ) there were 112 applicants. Meaning that @PepperPerry's excellent spreadsheet has almost exactly 10% of the applicant pool at this time of writing.

And yes, presumably the board convened earlier today. If it's anything like it was when my father was in (bearing in mind that he got out in 2012, so it's been 12 years of change) they hold them in Millington, Tennessee. So if you really want to drive yourself insane you can add that place to your world clocks to try to get into the Board's head. I don't recommend that, though. Seems like down that path lies madness.

PepperPerry

Current Teacher, Aspiring SWO
Last I saw on here (from @MFord ) there were 112 applicants. Meaning that @PepperPerry's excellent spreadsheet has almost exactly 10% of the applicant pool at this time of writing.

And yes, presumably the board convened earlier today. If it's anything like it was when my father was in (bearing in mind that he got out in 2012, so it's been 12 years of change) they hold them in Millington, Tennessee. So if you really want to drive yourself insane you can add that place to your world clocks to try to get into the Board's head. I don't recommend that, though. Seems like down that path lies madness.
We’ve waited this long to get to the board date, what’s up to 2-3 weeks more?

derludwig

This whole process has just been one long waiting game.
To be fair, I think that's a big part of being in the military period-or so I gather from my various family members in the service. They're mostly Army, though, so maybe it's different for them (I doubt it). Hurry Up And Wait is a big part of the lifestyle, so I figure it's worth getting used to now.