• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just something that popped into my mind:

For an applicant graduating with an aerospace engineering degree, does it make sense to accept a SWO slot then do a lateral transfer to AEDO some years after? I understand that AEDO requires a master's degree.

Why don’t you go aviation (Pilot / NFO) if that’s the case?

I’m sure there’s been a wild exception here and then but most if not all AEDO’s I’ve seen have wings.

parin365

SWO Applicant
Why don’t you go aviation (Pilot / NFO) if that’s the case?

I’m sure there’s been a wild exception here and then but most if not all AEDO’s I’ve seen have wings.
I'm not interested in flying. And also, I somewhat terrible vision, and getting a waiver through MEPs would've taken quite a bit of time.

P.S. I also didn't take the full ASTB; only the OAR portion.

connorseth

SWO select
I'm not interested in flying. And also, I somewhat terrible vision, and getting a waiver through MEPs would've taken quite a bit of time.

P.S. I also didn't take the full ASTB; only the OAR portion.
I got a waiver for vision and my vision is pretty bad to the point where they told me I can’t ever fly in the military. Ligit took me a week to get it. That was cuzz I had to go to meps twice

parin365

SWO Applicant
Also NFO don’t have vision requirements to my knowledge I was told I can still apply to that job
Interesting to know...I mean, I still have one more attempt left on the ASTB. I guess I can study really hard for the aviation parts of it and get close to 10s for each section.

connorseth

SWO select
Interesting to know...I mean, I still have one more attempt left on the ASTB. I guess I can study really hard for the aviation parts of it and get close to 10s for each section.
for immediate selection if you can get 6s and graduate with a 3.0 you don’t have to go to board

parin365

SWO Applicant
for immediate selection if you can get 6s and graduate with a 3.0 you don’t have to go to board
Oof, that's another thing...My GPA is below that and after doing grade calculations, the highest my CGPA will go is a 3.0, given I get all As from now on

parin365

SWO Applicant
Hey everyone, I just got news about my application package.

Unfortunately, I was not qualified to make this board date due to me being too far from my graduation date. I will now have to reapply for a board convene in January 2025.

On the flip side, my recruiter says that I still have an almost guaranteed chance to get selected. It's also my chance to get my grades even higher. I wish you all the best of luck for this board and will hopefully see you soon!

PepperPerry

Current Teacher, Aspiring SWO

Unfortunately, I was not qualified to make this board date due to me being too far from my graduation date. I will now have to reapply for a board convene in January 2025.

On the flip side, my recruiter says that I still have an almost guaranteed chance to get selected. It's also my chance to get my grades even higher. I wish you all the best of luck for this board and will hopefully see you soon!
What was your graduation date?

derludwig

I’m really sorry to hear that, mate. Still, good luck on the January reapplication. I think you’ll kill it the second time around if your grades are even higher.