• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

Nothing is ever sealed or expunged when it comes to the federal government, that is a huge misunderstanding when it comes to the legal world.

I had a guy that had a shoplifting charge for a pack of gum when he was 13/14 that had been "sealed/expunged" and that popped on his background check.
Thanks. The navy already knows about it but do you think id still need a waiver for the application? It wasn't an issue when I enlisted.

Val135

Thanks. The navy already knows about it but do you think id still need a waiver for the application? It wasn't an issue when I enlisted.
Better to get a waiver and not need it rather than need it and not have it.
I know someone who was under the age requirement for SWO and still got a waiver for age just to make sure they would be good when it came to any possible delays.

exNavyOffRec

It depends what it is, and just because it was waived for enlistment doesn't mean it would be waived for officer selection, they are 99% of the time.

Just follow the instructions.

exNavyOffRec

I know someone who was under the age requirement for SWO and still got a waiver for age just to make sure they would be good when it came to any possible delays.
Just a few years ago people who would go past max age would just be cut loose or given a N if the board didn't think they could get through OCS in time.

FloridaDad

Just a few years ago people who would go past max age would just be cut loose or given a N if the board didn't think they could get through OCS in time.
This is why I'm wondering if I should work on an age waiver since I'll turn 31 before the May (or later at this point) board. So that I'm not given an "N" just over scheduling concerns.

Mike D.

Contributor
Are age waivers handed out to civilians now? I thought it was always credit for time served up to a certain amount.

Tgonzo29

I think you identified the issue.

Those with high ASTB and non-select this is the number 1 reason, and to get passed on 2 boards they might be trying to send a message.

They were public intoxication and disorderly conduct during college. I was going through a rough time then and have since figured then. I haven’t had any thing so much as a traffic violation since then. Would it perhaps be possible to rewrite my statements regarding the waivers and reapply? Think that could help?

exNavyOffRec

This is why I'm wondering if I should work on an age waiver since I'll turn 31 before the May (or later at this point) board. So that I'm not given an "N" just over scheduling concerns.
It will really depend on what board you will be at, but worth a discussion with your recruiter.