• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Message me your email and I'll go ahead and make edited copies.
Your 7 on the PFAR was right in the ballpark, so not low, they rarely if at all look at LOR's or statements unless you have waiver issues. LOR's and statements don't help you in flight school. They need to put their money on someone who has the best aptitude and chance to get through the pipeline.

The number of people who don't complete the pipeline who do have PPL's is surprising so it really isn't a benefit, other than knowing a person probably isn't going to be getting airsick.

BB Poison

Contributor
Just got THE call… from an enlisted recruiter. Apparently my OR is gone now and he’s taking over as my recruiter. I couldn’t get a straight answer on whether I was even considered for SNA, I have my doubts since I submitted only 4 months after PRK but was told “yeah man you were probably considered since pilot and NFO basically have the same eyesight requirements” which is not true… I was cleared for NFO but not SNA before getting PRK. Very confused and a little frustrated right now.

Tgonzo29

My recruiter confirmed pro rec N and was very surprised. I’ll update the spreadsheet. Going to get some new rec letters, rewrite my waiver explanations, motivational statement, and will have to go through the med Process again. Got to try everything at this point

Mike D.

Contributor
Just got THE call… from an enlisted recruiter. Apparently my OR is gone now and he’s taking over as my recruiter. I couldn’t get a straight answer on whether I was even considered for SNA, I have my doubts since I submitted only 4 months after PRK but was told “yeah man you were probably considered since pilot and NFO basically have the same eyesight requirements” which is not true… I was cleared for NFO but not SNA before getting PRK. Very confused and a little frustrated right now.
Check the at-board list. It has your name on the second sheet and what designators you were submitted for. page 50

exNavyOffRec

I would say you may have been pulled from SNA, they are not supposed to issue a PQ letter until at least 6 months have passed to verify eyesight is stable, since you were less than that they may have decided not to chance it.

BB Poison

Contributor
I would say you may have been pulled from SNA, they are not supposed to issue a PQ letter until at least 6 months have passed to verify eyesight is stable, since you were less than that they may have decided not to chance it.

That’s what I thought, I’m going to give him a call back in a few days and dig more to see if I was considered for SNA. If not, could that help my case when reapplying?

exNavyOffRec

That’s what I thought, I’m going to give him a call back in a few days and dig more to see if I was considered for SNA. If not, could that help my case when reapplying?
If he was an enlisted recruiter the chances he will know much of anything for Officer Recruiting is doubtful. I would be wary of trying to go for SNA unless you retake the ASTB and score higher, but to do that you need to decline SNFO, and then you have to hope the May board actually happens and if it doesn't you are looking at August.

There are a lot of ifs and maybes that you need to consider.

BB Poison

Contributor
If he was an enlisted recruiter the chances he will know much of anything for Officer Recruiting is doubtful. I would be wary of trying to go for SNA unless you retake the ASTB and score higher, but to do that you need to decline SNFO, and then you have to hope the May board actually happens and if it doesn't you are looking at August.

There are a lot of ifs and maybes that you need to consider.

I’m okay with that, gives me plenty of time to study for retaking the ASTB and start flying lessons to boost my application. I asked if it would be a temporary arrangement and he said he’s taking over as my recruiter permanently, should I push for a different recruiter?

Mike D.

Contributor
I’m okay with that, gives me plenty of time to study for retaking the ASTB and start flying lessons to boost my application. I asked if it would be a temporary arrangement and he said he’s taking over as my recruiter permanently, should I push for a different recruiter?
Why did you apply for NFO then?

Ed014

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been lurking for sometime. Congrats to the people who got in and sorry for the people who didn't. I was in the same boat 2 boards ago. I was supposed to be on this board but I am not sure what happened on my recruiters end since I turned everything into him on time.(very frustrating) Anyways, the intention was to reapply to this board with my exact same scores and if I didn't get selected I would retake the ASTB. However, since I didn't get that chance and since there will be a lot of time between this board and the next I have decided to retake the ASTB. Also, I read a lot of motivating post on here and it really helped me in my decision.

If anyone would like to start group chat or something to get this process started in studying for the test, please DM me. I am going to shoot for 9's this time around. This will be my third and final try. It would be cool to have someone hold you accountable in studying. I know it can be tough to be consistent with work, family, and life.

GoldLeaf

Not trying to be confrontational at all either, I'm wondering the same thing. Not name dropping or pointing fingers and maybe @exNavyOffRec and @Skylanepilot1981 can weigh in. @Skylanepilot1981 declined a slot the previous board as well, and didn't get picked up for SNA this round with flight hours and etc. I'm wondering how this affects you reapplying. I know ultimately it is your choice @OldArmyChris and you do have a lot of thinking to do. I want to see both you, @Skylanepilot1981, and everyone succeed getting selected. Like I said, I hope I'm not coming across confrontational, just don't want to see you miss the opportunity.

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
I know you're frustrated but congrats on prorec Y SNFO!

BB Poison

Contributor
Not trying to be confrontational at all either, I'm wondering the same thing. Not name dropping or pointing fingers and maybe @exNavyOffRec and @Skylanepilot1981 can weigh in. @Skylanepilot1981 declined a slot the previous board as well, and didn't get picked up for SNA this round with flight hours and etc. I'm wondering how this affects you reapplying. I know ultimately it is your choice @OldArmyChris and you do have a lot of thinking to do. I want to see both you, @Skylanepilot1981, and everyone succeed getting selected. Like I said, I hope I'm not coming across confrontational, just don't want to see you miss the opportunity.

I get you, you’re not coming off as confrontational. I think I may be coming off the wrong way, I thought being a NFO sounded like an amazing job when I applied and still do. I’m honored to be selected for it. But if I have the choice to either be a pilot or a NFO, 10 times out of 10 I’m choosing pilot. I’m still trying to decide what I’m going to do next, and asking these questions is part of that.

I know you're frustrated but congrats on prorec Y SNFO!

Thank you! I’m not frustrated about being picked up for SNFO though, I’m stoked about that even though I’m considering reapplying. I’m frustrated about being misled by my recruiter and having my package transferred to someone who might not have the experience necessary to be a good recruiter for me.

exNavyOffRec

I get you, you’re not coming off as confrontational. I think I may be coming off the wrong way, I thought being a NFO sounded like an amazing job when I applied and still do. I’m honored to be selected for it. But if I have the choice to either be a pilot or a NFO, 10 times out of 10 I’m choosing pilot. I’m still trying to decide what I’m going to do next, and asking these questions is part of that.

Thank you! I’m not frustrated about being picked up for SNFO though, I’m stoked about that even though I’m considering reapplying. I’m frustrated about being misled by my recruiter and having my package transferred to someone who might not have the experience necessary to be a good recruiter for me.
Several things to remember is that the vast majority of OR's out there are just looking out for themselves, many are not true OR's as they have not been to OR recruiting school, and quite a few don't know how to use the systems they have.

Those that have OR's that haven't been to OR recruiting school are at a disadvantage as during the school you go over every PA, get briefed on the forms, how to put an application together, etc....

I would never every have an applicant apply for SNA and SNFO if they were willing to accept either, if a person was only wanted SNA then that is what went down as we are dealing with a person life for the next 8+ years, people get the short end of the stick in the USN all the time, there is no reason to have a person's introduction to the USN getting the short end of the stick.

It is not uncommon for me to look at a post of someone who wanted SNA and was instead picked for SNFO and then ask why they applied for it, this is not a dig at the person but to understand, we must remember that often that person was given bad advice by someone that should be looking out for their best interest.

It is important to also keep things civil as a person in that circumstance is probably stressed out enough over what has happened.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Yay, we're back!!! Anyone get a date yet?? A fin sel letter? Anything? I got an email from Mr. Celestin stating that he has received my command's request for the soonest possible OCS date. Does anyone know if your Final Selection letter contains your prospective OCS date in it? Because he said that once we receive that, my hard copy orders will be released probably within 30-45 days from receipt of the letter, but since I am deployed right now my command is trying to get my home in good enough time to hang out with my husband and kiddos before I go so I am curious to know how soon we can at least get a date so we can start making those moves. I missed you guys, I hope you are all doing well!