• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Spoke with the GENOFF DIRECTOR Friday, the Dashboard is a typo and the Published proboard schedule is correct.
There WILL be a pilot board in May for FY24/25. She also told me to expect similar results as the October board but they do not have the final quotas for FY24 and probably won't until after the July Board so.... yeah. For future reference, she also said that every July board is for the following FY because the current FY must ship by July.

Good luck fellas. ??
It is unusual for a senior officer to talk to an applicant, they rarely talk to anyone other than OPS/AOPS/other more senior officers, but sometimes people get lucky.

Remember FY 24/25 selection can also mean BDCP selections.

It has been talked about several times on the site that hard quotas don't come out until Nov-Jan time frame so it can be up to 6 months after they have already started selections for the next FY that they find out what they really have.

Realistically it is the May board that starts selecting for the next FY, board convenes 22 May then it will take about 4 weeks until they release results which puts it at the end of June and by then the last OCS for the current FY will have already left.

FlyingGamecock

I’m probably gonna retake the ASTB even though I have a 7/8/7
How many times have you taken it? That was my second time (I only took the OAR before it so it was my first time taking the ASTB) and I don’t think I’m willing to risk the 8. I studied a decent amount for it and think I could get all 8s after seeing the test, but I don’t think it’s worth the risk

esmbenbenek

How many times have you taken it? That was my second time (I only took the OAR before it so it was my first time taking the ASTB) and I don’t think I’m willing to risk the 8. I studied a decent amount for it and think I could get all 8s after seeing the test, but I don’t think it’s worth the risk
That was my first time taking it. I’m not too worried about increasing my scores considering I have two retakes left. I don’t know your age or life situation but maybe you should hang on to those scores. You’ll make it eventually.

That was my first time taking it. I’m not too worried about increasing my scores considering I have two retakes left. I don’t know your age or life situation but maybe you should hang on to those scores. You’ll make it eventually.
I’ve got a 7/8/7 on my first attempt as well. 23 years old. Considering a retake, been studying again for it. Didn’t study as much as I could’ve the first time and didn’t have any UAV or stick and throttle practice. Feel I can pull at least a 9 PFAR with more practice, plus I have 2 retakes. Very tough decision to make ?

BDavis11

Contributor
I’ve got a 7/8/7 on my first attempt as well. 23 years old. Considering a retake, been studying again for it. Didn’t study as much as I could’ve the first time and didn’t have any UAV or stick and throttle practice. Feel I can pull at least a 9 PFAR with more practice, plus I have 2 retakes. Very tough decision to make ?
Shiiiid full send if you ask me. Especially if pilot is going to continue to be cutthroat the next couple of boards.

Shiiiid full send if you ask me. Especially if pilot is going to continue to be cutthroat the next couple of boards.
Basically what my OR said is if I don’t want to wait until this is all back to normal, retake. Really leaning towards it lol

esmbenbenek

Basically what my OR said is if I don’t want to wait until this is all back to normal, retake. Really leaning towards it lol
Pretty much where I’m at too. I’m 26 so I have time to wait but I’ve got a wife and kid and we can’t sit in limbo forever waited my for me to get in or not.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Yea cuz you could be waiting a hot minute
how long do you think it’d take to get back to normal? A year? 2? 3? 5? I’m 24 now so in a similarish situation. I’ve got time but I want to start my career(I know, we all do). Part of me is hoping they pull classic NRC hijinx and over select for this may board.

BDavis11

Contributor
how long do you think it’d take to get back to normal? A year? 2? 3? 5? I’m 24 now so in a similarish situation. I’ve got time but I want to start my career(I know, we all do). Part of me is hoping they pull classic NRC hijinx and over select for this may board.
I can’t tell bro. I’m not experienced in that field. I think it would depend on this next boards selections. If they start over selecting again then probably be back in the same predicament. But if they stick to the cutthroat style we recently saw then probably would get back to normal within reasonable timing. But again that’s just a guess. I’m 32 in June, so I don’t have many options left or time to wait really

FlyingGamecock

Personally I think I’m gonna apply twice for just SNA and then the third go around do 1-SNA
2-Supply. I want SNA, but I don’t want to be waiting around for years. If and 8 PFAR and a 3.9 can’t get me through then it is what it is

exNavyOffRec

Even if they were to over select that wouldn't change the waiting time, it is all based on what numbers they can send to OCS.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Personally I think I’m gonna apply twice for just SNA and then the third go around do 1-SNA
2-Supply. I want SNA, but I don’t want to be waiting around for years. If and 8 PFAR and a 3.9 can’t get me through then it is what it is

You could always lateral transfer to pilot down the road. Very competitive but always an option. I’m not sure about Supply to pilot but I know SWOs who’ve done it. They were both Academy guys didn’t get pilot went SWO then to pilot. I know another Academy guy who wanted SEAL didn’t get it, went SWO then got picked up to go to BUDs. You always just have to finish initial tour and get your SWO pin. Once that’s complete you can ask to lat transfer.