• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
This question is for people that have graduated OCS already but also if you know the answer, feel free to share. When do they size you for your Blues and Whites? I ask because when I went through bootcamp, they did everything the first week and after 8 weeks, most people lost a good bit of weight. My fear is after 13 weeks there will be a significant change in size and the uniforms aren’t cheap.
Worry less, family. Most people find the weight again afterwards. As long as you're about your average size when you go in and you hold onto that you should continue to fit pretty well in the future.

This question is for people that have graduated OCS already but also if you know the answer, feel free to share. When do they size you for your Blues and Whites? I ask because when I went through bootcamp, they did everything the first week and after 8 weeks, most people lost a good bit of weight. My fear is after 13 weeks there will be a significant change in size and the uniforms aren’t cheap.
They fit you like the 3rd week for khakis and dress uniforms. Don't worry about losing weight, you'll gain it all back in Candio phase lol.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Those desserts eh?
When I graduated from boot camp in 2013 my first thing to do was to march my boot backside over to the exchange and buy a Reese's fast break, beef jerky, and an Arizona tea. It's been a constant battle ever since, not to let the intrusive snacks win.

FloridaDad

When I graduated from boot camp in 2013 my first thing to do was to march my boot backside over to the exchange and buy a Reese's fast break, beef jerky, and an Arizona tea. It's been a constant battle ever since, not to let the intrusive snacks win.
I will probably want to buy a can of Monster energy drink to celebrate... but I really shouldn't because after 13 weeks maybe I've finally kicked that insane caffeine addiction that I have lol.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I will probably want to buy a can of Monster energy drink to celebrate... but I really shouldn't because after 13 weeks maybe I've finally kicked that insane caffeine addiction that I have lol.
I believe in you, buddy. I'm sure you will be able to, again and again.

Jacksa71

Has anyone AD received any new information? Still waiting on OCS to approve my file. Not sure how long that takes.
I believe it just up to your CoC. Once my skipper give them the date of our choosing then they’ll get the ball rolling. I plan on going to the second class of September.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
I believe it just up to your CoC. Once my skipper give them the date of our choosing then they’ll get the ball rolling. I plan on going to the second class of September.
So my skipper gave them July1. Will they “approve” after that? Celestin said 30-45 business days after approval we will get hard orders so that puts us at like late August/early September. I’m thinking 15OCT but we will see

exNavyOffRec

So my skipper gave them July1. Will they “approve” after that? Celestin said 30-45 business days after approval we will get hard orders so that puts us at like late August/early September. I’m thinking 15OCT but we will see
They will do what they can to get you orders you and the command like, however they still have to have spots open, you are NFO so it shouldn't be too difficult, just be flexible.

Storm27324

Has anyone AD received any new information? Still waiting on OCS to approve my file. Not sure how long that takes.
My Skipper said to Celestine "immediate availability for release" Celestine came back with the same "post letter 30-45 days for orders" scpeal, no indication on letter time frame unfortunately. Seems we are all in the same boat.

skb832

Is there anyone on here that can just go ahead and give me the bad news that I didn’t get selected? My recruiter still hasn’t contacted me