• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Mouselovr

Contributor
Is our flight physical done at OCS? Finding both yes and no when searching so figured I’d go ahead and see if anyone has recent experience at OCS?
If you are a prior, you can (and should) get yours done before OCS.
Marine Corp OCS always does their flight physicals before you can even submit your package.

There was a motion to start doing non-prior flight physicals before Navy OCS, but I think that has been shut down.

So in short, yes, you'll do yours at OCS, but above is why there is conflicting information.

If my pattern analysis holds true again, AD should get FINSEL emails and class dates around July 14th. Seems like historically it has been exactly a month following results.

If you are a prior, you can (and should) get yours done before OCS.
Marine Corp OCS always does their flight physicals before you can even submit your package.

There was a motion to start doing non-prior flight physicals before Navy OCS, but I think that has been shut down.

So in short, yes, you'll do yours at OCS, but above is why there is conflicting information.
Feel like doing it before OCS is the ideal thing to do for those selected, I’m sure they have a reason as to why they don’t though. But thanks!!

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Feel like doing it before OCS is the ideal thing to do for those selected, I’m sure they have a reason as to why they don’t though. But thanks!!

You could also pursue Marine and Navy boards get your flight physical with the Marines and apply to the Navy at the same time

You can apply to 2 branches at once

hickjunior

Pro Rec Y SNA
Just out of my curiosity, as a Pro Rec Y SNA who got picked up this board, I could expect an OCS class date in about a year roughly (best case scenario). Then after OCS, I've heard a 9-12 month wait for NIFE, and then from NIFE to primary who knows, and then a minimum of 2 years in the pipeline ideally for strike. So, a good guess before ever getting out of a T-something is like 5 years? Anybody got any better guesses or more knowledge?

Just out of my curiosity, as a Pro Rec Y SNA who got picked up this board, I could expect an OCS class date in about a year roughly (best case scenario). Then after OCS, I've heard a 9-12 month wait for NIFE, and then from NIFE to primary who knows, and then a minimum of 2 years in the pipeline ideally for strike. So, a good guess before ever getting out of a T-something is like 5 years? Anybody got any better guesses or more knowledge?
Hopefully the NIFE wait is down by that time but we really have no idea. As for the OCS date, I’m not expecting anytime “relatively” soon. FY24 is this Oct - Sept 2024 if I’m not mistaken. We shall see !

Jacksa71

Just out of my curiosity, as a Pro Rec Y SNA who got picked up this board, I could expect an OCS class date in about a year roughly (best case scenario). Then after OCS, I've heard a 9-12 month wait for NIFE, and then from NIFE to primary who knows, and then a minimum of 2 years in the pipeline ideally for strike. So, a good guess before ever getting out of a T-something is like 5 years? Anybody got any better guesses or more
I would read this thread.