• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Things get interesting when you consider that there’s probably only a week or two window to retake the test between the May and July board assuming you put in for the May and weren’t selected. I assume it’s probably a no no to retake your astb before board results come in?

BDavis11

Contributor
Things get interesting when you consider that there’s probably only a week or two window to retake the test between the May and July board assuming you put in for the May and weren’t selected. I assume it’s probably a no no to retake your astb before board results come in?
Yes that's a no no. It was mentioned on here somewhere rather recently. Basically, it invalidates your scores that you submitted with your package as the new scores would be the valid ones. Ultimately invalidating your package. Imagine you submitted 8's and somehow you magically shitted the bed and now you have 6's. That would make for an interesting time.

mcwisconsin

Yes that's a no no. It was mentioned on here somewhere rather recently. Basically, it invalidates your scores that you submitted with your package as the new scores would be the valid ones. Ultimately invalidating your package. Imagine you submitted 8's and somehow you magically shitted the bed and now you have 6's. That would make for an interesting time.
I had this conundrum for the May/August boards (before August was cancelled). I do remember posting on here and reddit, and the general consensus was that I should dedicate myself to a single board... I chose August.
Part of me does regret not applying for the May board with my 58 6/5/6 scores, but 61 8/7/8 looks so much better (even though August got cancelled and the October board went poorly)

BDavis11

Contributor
I had this conundrum for the May/August boards (before August was cancelled). I do remember posting on here and reddit, and the general consensus was that I should dedicate myself to a single board... I chose August.
Part of me does regret not applying for the May board with my 58 6/5/6 scores, but 61 8/7/8 looks so much better (even though August got cancelled and the October board went poorly)
Right. Did u get selected or reapplying?

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Got through MEPS today with no problems. All that’s left now is to hope this board isn’t an absolute slaughter
Gotta say I’m a bit envious. My medical history is….extensive. Given that I can’t even get to MEPS until March, I’m worried that med stuff is gonna push my package past the deadline for the May board

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Gotta say I’m a bit envious. My medical history is….extensive. Given that I can’t even get to MEPS until March, I’m worried that med stuff is gonna push my package past the deadline for the May board

If you clear MEPS that day and get PQ and not disqualified you’ll be fine. If you get disqualified at MEPS don’t freak out. They don’t qualify you from their N3M will qualify you with waivers if they are granted.

If you don’t get qualified then there is no way you’ll make it. So make sure now you have everything disclosed. It’s not like the old days, they will find it now.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
1st try: 59/7/5/6
2nd try: 65/7/5/6
3rd try: 73/9/7/7

Yes, studying and preparation actually help.
if your third try got you the scores which got you picked up in a slaughter board that’s pretty good. Was there a gap or did you take it retake as soon as possible? I have one more take but it’s been almost 3 years since my last go.

FlyingGamecock

Good luck man. On the bright side if you do have to wait until the next board, you’ll have plenty of time to retake the ASTB if you want. Plus maybe they’ll start to get back to a normal selection by then.

mcwisconsin

Right. Did u get selected or reapplying?
Reapplying with SNFO as my second choice. I do wish I had included SNFO as my second choice on the October board, though.
Not sure if I'll be skipping the May board though... my previous OR thinks selection rates might go up for July. Is it even possible to apply for the May AND July boards, assuming they both happen?

exNavyOffRec

Is it even possible to apply for the May AND July boards, assuming they both happen?
It can take up to a month from when a board starts until they get all the various administrative items done, that would make what you asked possible, but not probable. That is assuming you can retake the ASTB to have a significant change that will allow you to re-apply.

BDavis11

Contributor
Reapplying with SNFO as my second choice. I do wish I had included SNFO as my second choice on the October board, though.
Not sure if I'll be skipping the May board though... my previous OR thinks selection rates might go up for July. Is it even possible to apply for the May AND July boards, assuming they both happen?
I should have done the same I think my turnout would have been different but that’s subjective

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
I just recently found out about this "Significant improvement" thing from you guys talking about it (OR never mentioned it). I have a 52 6/6/6 first attempt score that has about a 0% chance of me getting selected with my 3.0 GPA. Trying to figure out if to send it for the May Or July knowing I wont get selected and then improve ASTB for 2024 Boards. Leaning towards waiting to improve my ASTB for next years boards where there may be a higher chance for some normalcy. I'm 23 so I have time but waiting sucks.

codys995

I just recently found out about this "Significant improvement" thing from you guys talking about it (OR never mentioned it). I have a 52 6/6/6 first attempt score that has about a 0% chance of me getting selected with my 3.0 GPA. Trying to figure out if to send it for the May Or July knowing I wont get selected and then improve ASTB for 2024 Boards. Leaning towards waiting to improve my ASTB for next years boards where there may be a higher chance for some normalcy. I'm 23 so I have time but waiting sucks.
Just my two cents, my OR said that he is only talking with folks with 50+ OAR and 7s across the board or 7+ in the category you are going for to be competitive enough. I'm a little bit of a tossup because I got a 6 AQR, but an 8 PFAR. Here's to hoping!

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
6s are iffy even if they were selecting normally so I would say study and retake especially if its a first attempt. You have time to retake before the may board.