• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Jacksa71

It’s really crazy that everyone is retake with decent scores (in my opinion). I’m just here with the bare minimum after three tries. If y’all are super nervous about scores then think about me haha. If it happens it happens, I’ll keep applying until they tell me to stop haha.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
[
DOR’d?
I got 53 7/7/7 on my second try and I studied a lot from my first test. I'm considering retaking, but I'm not sure. This is the first board I'll be on so I want to see if those scores can make the cut. I'm hoping my Officer appraisals (for active duty) help a lot. 4 appraisals maxed out all from O6 pilots and NFOs including my Commodore and base skipper.

Are you ISPP?

exNavyOffRec

I got 53 7/7/7 on my second try and I studied a lot from my first test. I'm considering retaking, but I'm not sure. This is the first board I'll be on so I want to see if those scores can make the cut. I'm hoping my Officer appraisals (for active duty) help a lot. 4 appraisals maxed out all from O6 pilots and NFOs including my Commodore and base skipper.
If you are ISPP the only thing that matters is getting the first flag endorsement and as long as there are available spots ISPP is almost a lock.

If you are not ISPP the only thing that really matters is the ASTB score, appraisals don't really matter at all as they are looking for the people with the best chance to get through the pipeline.

At this point if you are wondering what ISPP is then let us know since a person on AD with no waivers should really apply via that option.

Biff42

If you are ISPP the only thing that matters is getting the first flag endorsement and as long as there are available spots ISPP is almost a lock.

If you are not ISPP the only thing that really matters is the ASTB score, appraisals don't really matter at all as they are looking for the people with the best chance to get through the pipeline.

At this point if you are wondering what ISPP is then let us know since a person on AD with no waivers should really apply via that option.
It's crazy how the last board had like 50something AD applicatins but only like 12 PRO Y. Surely most of them didn't have waivers. But its shocking how many AD don't know about ISPP

BDavis11

Contributor
It's crazy how the last board had like 50something AD applicatins but only like 12 PRO Y. Surely most of them didn't have waivers. But its shocking how many AD don't know about ISPP
ISPP didn’t work out for me. General consensus was that most of them had already submitted by the time the found out about ISPP so other than that they just a rent doing their due diligence in researching.

exNavyOffRec

There were several that applied that weren't ISPP, and then there are those that applied ISPP but if there aren't spots to give so they can get to OCS prior to hitting the max age they can't get picked, if they also just don't have the spots they will have to pass on them.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I see a lot of people recommend Khan Academy

Yeah i had some crazy bracket exponent question in the past hard to find a similar example online… it was a fraction with exponents raised in parenthesis and then in a bracket raised to another exponent…

So I am looking for a good exponent refresher

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I suspect that this and the next boards are probably gonna be stacked with well qualified applicants

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I suspect that this and the next boards are probably gonna be stacked with well qualified applicants

Depends on if those who were very qualified had applied to previous boards. Once you’re looked at by the board and it’s very difficult to improve your score or packet then it’s looked at negatively. If you were to leave it alone and not change it…

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Depends on if those who were very qualified had applied to previous boards. Once you’re looked at by the board and it’s very difficult to improve your score or packet then it’s looked at negatively. If you were to leave it alone and not change it…
Who gets to decide what is considered an improvement? OR?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Who gets to decide what is considered an improvement? OR?

Whatever is deemed a “significant change” in your packet. Most often it is a very high ASTB score. If your score was already very high that would be hard to change.

Another is getting another degree, or advancement in your academics.