• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

mcwisconsin

It can take up to a month from when a board starts until they get all the various administrative items done, that would make what you asked possible, but not probable. That is assuming you can retake the ASTB to have a significant change that will allow you to re-apply.
Definitely not gonna risk my 61 8/7/8. I only have one retest remaining and I have a fear of performing worse.
If there is no significant improvement/changes to an application, how does reapplying work? I saw people mention on here a 6 month wait time but I’m confused on how this works. For example, my improvement is a slight increase in my GPA and graduating college but idk if that means anything to the board.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Definitely not gonna risk my 61 8/7/8. I only have one retest remaining and I have a fear of performing worse.
If there is no significant improvement/changes to an application, how does reapplying work? I saw people mention on here a 6 month wait time but I’m confused on how this works. For example, my improvement is a slight increase in my GPA and graduating college but idk if that means anything to the board.
if you want to send it send it. I’ve got 7s and I’m retesting but don’t risk it if you’re not comfortable with it. You can submit a package every six months without a significant change but if you have a significant change it can be earlier.

mcwisconsin

if you want to send it send it. I’ve got 7s and I’m retesting but don’t risk it if you’re not comfortable with it. You can submit a package every six months without a significant change but if you have a significant change it can be earlier.
Guess that it doesn’t really matter for anyone that got a pro rec no for the October board then, since May is 6 months away.

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
if your third try got you the scores which got you picked up in a slaughter board that’s pretty good. Was there a gap or did you take it retake as soon as possible? I have one more take but it’s been almost 3 years since my last go.
There was a fairly big gap in between each attempt. The gap between my 2nd and 3rd attempts was about a year bc I had my eye surgery after the 2nd one and had to wait to be cleared, in addition to wanting more study and prep time for my last try.

Edit: I think my surgery was actually before my second attempt. Either way, I really just wanted more time to prep

Last edited:

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
Just my two cents, my OR said that he is only talking with folks with 50+ OAR and 7s across the board or 7+ in the category you are going for to be competitive enough. I'm a little bit of a tossup because I got a 6 AQR, but an 8 PFAR. Here's to hoping!
6s are iffy even if they were selecting normally so I would say study and retake especially if its a first attempt. You have time to retake before the may board.
Thanks for the input guys. I'm scheduled for a retake in March so I'll go ahead and go through with it.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
There was a fairly big gap in between each attempt. The gap between my 2nd and 3rd attempts was about a year bc I had my eye surgery after the 2nd one and had to wait to be cleared, in addition to wanting more study and prep time for my last try.

Edit: I think my surgery was actually before my second attempt. Either way, I really just wanted more time to prep
for some perspective mine was 3.5 years ago… I’ve been studying but I’m not sure about taking it before this board. 61 7/7/5 is a good score though it could be better. It’s in that zone of maybe retake? I’m really thinking about sending it to the july board if the rumors about this board being low select and the july board being higher are true.

Last edited:

johnpauljones1776

Un-salted butter bar (non prior)
for some perspective mine was 3.5 years ago… I’ve been studying but I’m not sure about taking it before this board. 61 7/7/5 is a good score though it could be better. It’s in that zone of maybe retake? I’m really thinking about sending it to the july board if the rumors about this board being low select and the july board being higher are true.
You should 100% study hard and retake it especially since you’ve DOR’d in the past

exNavyOffRec

yes, that’s another factor to consider for me specifically but I did get my waiver. I don’t remember posting that on the forums. Did we perchance cross paths in newport?
Waivers are almost a rubber stamp approval, if you meet waiverable criteria, they essentially will let the board figure out if they want to accept the person for the reason they need a waiver for.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Waivers are almost a rubber stamp approval, if you meet waiverable criteria, they essentially will let the board figure out if they want to accept the person for the reason they need a waiver for.
I’ve heard that but it took me 1.5 years to get mine. I take comfort in the little things. But yes, I’m probably going to 9s.

exNavyOffRec

I’ve heard that but it took me 1.5 years to get mine. I take comfort in the little things. But yes, I’m probably going to 9s.
Whether it takes 1.5 years or 1.5 weeks, the end result is the same, the board will look at the issue the same way, do we want to bring the guy in with the issue at hand.

Carolina Cruizer

Prorec Y-SNFO
I got 53 7/7/7 on my second try and I studied a lot from my first test. I'm considering retaking, but I'm not sure. This is the first board I'll be on so I want to see if those scores can make the cut. I'm hoping my Officer appraisals (for active duty) help a lot. 4 appraisals maxed out all from O6 pilots and NFOs including my Commodore and base skipper.