• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

BDavis11

Contributor
This statement implies that there are boards that don’t have well qualified applicants…
Could be facts though. Technically the DNR’s are not well qualified. The boards definitely have some of those. Some more than others.

Could be facts though. Technically the DNR’s are not well qualified. The boards definitely have some of those. Some more than others.
Of course some aren’t the best qualified. Every board will have well qualified applicants though, you’re always stacked up against them, it won’t just be the next few boards. It will be that way always

CC2224Clone

Since May 2022 was the last “normal” board I wonder if this board will have a large amount of applicants or if people outside of Air Warriors will just not reapply. If they reapply, that could mean this board will indeed have a large amount of normally well qualified applicants, another thing to think about when considering the talk of low selection.

This will be my first board, almost 2 years after starting this process(LASIK, recruiter talk, MEPS)…I’m debating between retaking the ASTB or maybe adding SNFO. I’ve started studying again, but idk about risking the 7s. Last time I didn’t use the x52, this time I am.

My current job is nice, but I really want to move on.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Since May 2022 was the last “normal” board I wonder if this board will have a large amount of applicants or if people outside of Air Warriors will just not reapply. If they reapply, that could mean this board will indeed have a large amount of normally well qualified applicants, another thing to think about when considering the talk of low selection.

This will be my first board, almost 2 years after starting this process(LASIK, recruiter talk, MEPS)…I’m debating between retaking the ASTB or maybe adding SNFO. I’ve started studying again, but idk about risking the 7s. Last time I didn’t use the x52, this time I am.

in a similar boat… really wish I had gotten to the last may board, man.

BDavis11

Contributor
Of course some aren’t the best qualified. Every board will have well qualified applicants though, you’re always stacked up against them, it won’t just be the next few boards. It will be that way always
Very true

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

My recruiter at least, whenever someone calls in saying they want to be a pilot is turned away or told to look at other careers.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
My recruiter at least, whenever someone calls in saying they want to be a pilot is turned away or told to look at other careers.
does your recruiter not realize that 1 there are still pilot boards and that 2 this will only last a year or two? the process just to apply can take some time dude lmao.

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
My recruiter didn’t turn me a way but *highly* encourages me to explore other options. Admittedly SWO looks appealing as well but I gotta get into at least one SNA/SNFO board

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
My recruiter didn’t turn me a way but *highly* encourages me to explore other options. Admittedly SWO looks appealing as well but I gotta get into at least one SNA/SNFO board
my guess is that after the last board they’re a little spooked and for good reason. also the chances of someone getting 9s I imagine is so slim that they don’t want to go through the work of getting someone ready for a pilot board just to have them get prorec n and poof they’re gone when they could’ve gotten a SWO. The reason our recruiters are telling us to improve our scores and wait is probably because they know we’ll do either. we’ve been through one board and we’ve gotten our prorec n and we’re still willing to wait or improve scores.

nefalexa

my guess is that after the last board they’re a little spooked and for good reason. also the chances of someone getting 9s I imagine is so slim that they don’t want to go through the work of getting someone ready for a pilot board just to have them get prorec n and poof they’re gone when they could’ve gotten a SWO. The reason our recruiters are telling us to improve our scores and wait is probably because they know we’ll do either. we’ve been through one board and we’ve gotten our prorec n and we’re still willing to wait or improve scores.
My guess-and-speculate-radar is off charts for this one

FlyingGamecock

Just had to write a handwritten statement about previous marijuana usage, I’m sure that’ll help my selection chances with things being so competitive lol. Anyone know if they care that much about it? It didn’t require a waiver, just a statement

smpl_dude

Just had to write a handwritten statement about previous marijuana usage, I’m sure that’ll help my selection chances with things being so competitive lol. Anyone know if they care that much about it? It didn’t require a waiver, just a statement
I was on the may board and had great ASTB scores, but I was accepted and I used marijuana in the past. I really don't think they care that you smoked weed.

villo0692

I was on the may board and had great ASTB scores, but I was accepted and I used marijuana in the past. I really don't think they care that you smoked weed.
I wanted to add to this, that this is not a "go ahead and keep smoking weed or doing drugs, you'll be fine". even if you were to get accepted under those circumstances, do know, you will be going under a TS clearance investigation after OCS, and if a severe enough history of drug use, you could potentially be rendered ineligible for said clearance....just saying

smpl_dude

I wanted to add to this, that this is not a "go ahead and keep smoking weed or doing drugs, you'll be fine". even if you were to get accepted under those circumstances, do know, you will be going under a TS clearance investigation after OCS, and if a severe enough history of drug use, you could potentially be rendered ineligible for said clearance....just saying
Yeah it's very much a "I smoked some weed in college and know that the navy has a zero tolerance policy towards drugs. I do not now nor do I intend to do drugs in the future". Just don't do drugs, be honest about your past use, and you'll be fine. Drugs other than weed though, that's a different ball game, and I think they care about that a lot more.