• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Just had to write a handwritten statement about previous marijuana usage, I’m sure that’ll help my selection chances with things being so competitive lol. Anyone know if they care that much about it? It didn’t require a waiver, just a statement
not nearly as bad as the waiver I needed. You’ll be fine provided your scores are high enough to get you picked up for this board. If not, keep applying.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter at least, whenever someone calls in saying they want to be a pilot is turned away or told to look at other careers.

does your recruiter not realize that 1 there are still pilot boards and that 2 this will only last a year or two? the process just to apply can take some time dude lmao.
It is possible he has a bit more info than has been released, there are those commands who do have a direct connection to the director that works directly for the 1-star. It might not be that there are no spots, but that he know the spots are so few better to look at other options. In a weird series of events I had that connection to the Director and would get some info that was coming out but had not yet come out.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
It is possible he has a bit more info than has been released, there are those commands who do have a direct connection to the director that works directly for the 1-star. It might not be that there are no spots, but that he know the spots are so few better to look at other options. In a weird series of events I had that connection to the Director and would get some info that was coming out but had not yet come out.
I agree but it shouldn't discourage those who have their heart set on pilot. The way I see it? Get 9s on your pfar and aqr or wait a little bit for things to calm down.

exNavyOffRec

I agree but it shouldn't discourage those who have their heart set on pilot. The way I see it? Get 9s on your pfar and aqr or wait a little bit for things to calm down.
If the recruiter is turning them away and saying they have a better shot with the Army is one thing, just saying no chance pick something else is another, without knowing exactly what he was saying hard to tell if he is helping or hurting.

Tommy051

I scored 57 7/8/8 and didn't get picked up for NFO for October board. I'm considering skipping the May board to get another degree or take just classes to boost my GPA, but my recruiter said all I should do to reapply is get another LOR and revise my motivational statement. To me, this sounds like it's not enough to make a significant enough change to get selected. Anyone have any input on this? What else could I do to strengthen my application?

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
If the recruiter is turning them away and saying they have a better shot with the Army is one thing, just saying no chance pick something else is another, without knowing exactly what he was saying hard to tell if he is helping or hurting.
in either case I don't think it's particularly helpful. If there are going to be boards people are going to be picked up. Regardless, if this is your dream? You'll find a way to make it happen. I know I will.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I scored 57 7/8/8 and didn't get picked up for NFO for October board. I'm considering skipping the May board to get another degree or take just classes to boost my GPA, but my recruiter said all I should do to reapply is get another LOR and revise my motivational statement. To me, this sounds like it's not enough to make a significant enough change to get selected. Anyone have any input on this? What else could I do to strengthen my application?
retake the astbe or wait. Your scores are really good for NFO and Pilot and I personally wouldn't risk it if I were you depending on how many retakes you have. I only have 7s so I'm retaking but it's your call. I might if I were you wait and see how the may board goes and then put in for July or next October. That or get a masters and wait until this low selection stuff blows over. Us youngsters have the luxury of time.

exNavyOffRec

Your ASTB is good, unless you have a poor GPA you were probably just a victim of the very low selection rate.

exNavyOffRec

in either case I don't think it's particularly helpful. If there are going to be boards people are going to be picked up. Regardless, if this is your dream? You'll find a way to make it happen. I know I will.
Hard to tell without know exactly what was said, did he turn them away with info to come back later? or just turn away? or what has happened in the past is some NRDs would tell their ORs they could not submit anyone for "X designator" until further notice. I hope if he turned people away he did so giving them some info that would help them.

Tommy051

retake the astbe or wait. Your scores are really good for NFO and Pilot and I personally wouldn't risk it if I were you depending on how many retakes you have. I only have 7s so I'm retaking but it's your call. I might if I were you wait and see how the may board goes and then put in for July or next October. That or get a masters and wait until this low selection stuff blows over. Us youngsters have the luxury of time.
I only have 1 retake left so I'm not going to risk taking it again. I'm only 23 so I do have the luxury of waiting but it sucks. Was planning on going to nursing school if the Navy doesn't work out for me, so I'm shooting for that in the meantime.

nefalexa

GPA is sliiiiiiiiiiiiightly below average at 2.59 so that's probably why
I’m in the same boat, I have 62 7/7/7 and 2.8 from a chem degree. Currently in a masters program with a 4.0 for a year now I’m kinda smack in the middle with you here

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I was reading this last night. What do you mean by that? I thought if you didn’t get accepted you could apply again .
you can but you need to wait 6 months so the earliest those who didn't get accepted last october can reapply is for the july board. You can however resubmit earlier with a significant change to your package such as an improvement in you ASTBE scores, a new degree, a license, etc.