• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
you can but you need to wait 6 months so the earliest those who didn't get accepted last october can reapply is for the july board. You can however resubmit earlier with a significant change to your package such as an improvement in you ASTBE scores, a new degree, a license, etc.
So you're telling me, if someone does not get accepted in May, then they can not apply for the July or October board. I know people that have submitted after not getting selected with the same package.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
It is possible he has a bit more info than has been released, there are those commands who do have a direct connection to the director that works directly for the 1-star. It might not be that there are no spots, but that he know the spots are so few better to look at other options. In a weird series of events I had that connection to the Director and would get some info that was coming out but had not yet come out.

My recruiter does know the director. I found out my results 2 weeks earlier than everyone else on this thread, as well as the 13 others that went up for the OCT2022 board.

exNavyOffRec

So you're telling me, if someone does not get accepted in May, then they can not apply for the July or October board. I know people that have submitted after not getting selected with the same package.
Technically that is correct, it just depends on if they catch it or not.

layan

If you apply pilot and get a Pro Rec N can you apply for NFO within 6 months if you don’t have a significant change in your application? Or do you still have to wait?

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Th
The 6 month wait doesn’t apply if you didn’t previously apply for NFO.
That’s good news. I’m applying for SNA in May, if it doesn’t work out, can I apply SNA/NFO since it’s technically a change from the first submission or can I only select NFO? Also, is there a chance if you applied SNA/NFO on the second board that they may not catch onto the fact that you received a pro rec N for SNA and select you?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Th

That’s good news. I’m applying for SNA in May, if it doesn’t work out, can I apply SNA/NFO since it’s technically a change from the first submission or can I only select NFO? Also, is there a chance if you applied SNA/NFO on the second board that they may not catch onto the fact that you received a pro rec N for SNA and select you?

You still have to wait 6 months for SNA, CNRC will reject the application if you attempt to do that.

FlyerHopeful6

Damn, I'm currently about to finish my Software Eng degree with a 2.8. Haven't taken ASTB yet but now feeling p bad about my chances solely due to GPA.
I’m in the same boat, I have 62 7/7/7 and 2.8 from a chem degree. Currently in a masters program with a 4.0 for a year now I’m kinda smack in the middle with you here

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
Damn, I'm currently about to finish my Software Eng degree with a 2.8. Haven't taken ASTB yet but now feeling p bad about my chances solely due to GPA.
A good enough ASTB will overcome GPA in some cases. I had a 2.6, but retook the ASTB and got 9 AQR and 9 PFAR. I think if you shoot for an 8 or 9, you will still have good chances even with the 2.8, especially because your degree is STEM.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
A good enough ASTB will overcome GPA in some cases. I had a 2.6, but retook the ASTB and got 9 AQR and 9 PFAR. I think if you shoot for an 8 or 9, you will still have good chances even with the 2.8, especially because your degree is STEM.

What did you use to study?

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
What did you use to study?
I did the ANIT flashcards that I found on quizlet, which helped a decent bit, but I would HIGHLY suggest finding as much ANIT info that you can. There were many questions that I had not seen before on that portion, but since I am interested in the subject, I happened to know many of them.
I used my notes from college to study math and science portions; as a recently graduated aerospace engineer, these subjects were quite fresh for me.
I'm not sure how to study for reading TBH.
And lastly, I did a lot of Jantzen simulator, basically 1 hour per day for 2 weeks. The key with this, in my opinion, is to focus less on the score and focus on the feeling. Try to get to the point where if one of the targets change directions, you don't panic and go the wrong way.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I did the ANIT flashcards that I found on quizlet, which helped a decent bit, but I would HIGHLY suggest finding as much ANIT info that you can. There were many questions that I had not seen before on that portion, but since I am interested in the subject, I happened to know many of them.
I used my notes from college to study math and science portions; as a recently graduated aerospace engineer, these subjects were quite fresh for me.
I'm not sure how to study for reading TBH.
And lastly, I did a lot of Jantzen simulator, basically 1 hour per day for 2 weeks. The key with this, in my opinion, is to focus less on the score and focus on the feeling. Try to get to the point where if one of the targets change directions, you don't panic and go the wrong way.
any math tips for an ex physics major turned humanities BA holder? it’s been a few years since I’ve tussled with polynomials and logs

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
any math tips for an ex physics major turned humanities BA holder? it’s been a few years since I’ve tussled with polynomials and logs
Definitely review the rules for logarithms. That'll for sure show up in the math section and they'll get more difficult when you get them right

FlyerHopeful6

Damn, so basically a perfect score? I get SUPER nervous with tests and it's been a minute since I've aced one like that. BUT I will do my best!

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Definitely review the rules for logarithms. That'll for sure show up in the math section and they'll get more difficult when you get them right
how far into pre-calc/calc does it go? I don’t remember are there integration/derivative rules questions? for the trig will I be asked to calculate radians to degrees for arc lengths etc?