• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Calc is basically derivatives. Did those all 4 years of college and did not see any on my 2 exams. There’s not calc on it. It’s college algebra and trig.

The math is similar to GMAT test math. Anything covered in a college algebra curriculum expect it on the ASTB. Not simple problems, take the concept know the inside and out of it and expect a very confusing question on it.

5H1l0H

Hi! May you please share with me what question types are on the Math section of the ASTB? I mainly need to know where I can learn of the topics.

The topics that I think there are: Numbers and Their Classifications, Operations, Positive and Negative Numbers, Factors and Multiples Fractions, Percentages, and Related Concepts, Systems of Equations, Polynomial Algebra, Solving Quadratic Equations, and Basic Geometry. Please add any other topics that you may be aware of, thanks!

Jacksa71

Hi! May you please share with me what question types are on the Math section of the ASTB? I mainly need to know where I can learn of the topics.

The topics that I think there are: Numbers and Their Classifications, Operations, Positive and Negative Numbers, Factors and Multiples Fractions, Percentages, and Related Concepts, Systems of Equations, Polynomial Algebra, Solving Quadratic Equations, and Basic Geometry. Please add any other topics that you may be aware of, thanks!
Your question has already been answered on the thread you created. Look up the ASTB thread and read all post etc. get the google doc link for the study guide. If you can’t find it then say something.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y

I got the test prep books series of books for the astbe and oar yesterday. Now I’ll say it’s pretty familiar from 3 years ago but only the OAR version goes hard on math. IMO barrons is far too simplistic, don’t bother with it. there are threads here too and there’s a reddit post on the OAR just google “70+ OAR reddit” there are a bunch of math problems. My astbe is scheduled for soon(tm) so I suggest get on it now if you want to retake for may.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
I have 3 O-6 appraisals from our Commodore, my last CO and a CO of another squadron. Does that play out well in my favor? All of them gave me the highest marks and filled all of the space.

exNavyOffRec

it’s listed as picking quotas for FY24/25
Remember that anyone BDCP will be considered FY25, so even if it says FY24/25 they don't have to pick those for FY25 that are not BDCP and even if they do they are continuing to kick the can down the road of too many waiting to go to OCS.