• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Remember that anyone BDCP will be considered FY25, so even if it says FY24/25 they don't have to pick those for FY25 that are not BDCP and even if they do they are continuing to kick the can down the road of too many waiting to go to OCS.
Any idea on quotas or will it be similar to October22?

cgoodwin

I am going into this board applying BDCP. I am graduating in August and will graduate with about a 3.78 GPA with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. My ASTB score on my second attempt was a 58 7/6/7, I have no flight experience, but I was an NCAA athlete all 4 years, as well as the president of the SWE club. I have already been medically cleared by MEPS and done all the necessary paperwork up to this point.

Would it be worth it for me to use my 3rd attempt on the ASTB to try to get closer to 62 8/8/8? Or should I focus on keeping up my GPA and possibly getting some flight experience?

villo0692

I am going into this board applying BDCP. I am graduating in August and will graduate with about a 3.78 GPA with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. My ASTB score on my second attempt was a 58 7/6/7, I have no flight experience, but I was an NCAA athlete all 4 years, as well as the president of the SWE club. I have already been medically cleared by MEPS and done all the necessary paperwork up to this point.

Would it be worth it for me to use my 3rd attempt on the ASTB to try to get closer to 62 8/8/8? Or should I focus on keeping up my GPA and possibly getting some flight experience?
Yes

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Submit with what you have right now, retake if you’re given a PROREC N.

exNavyOffRec

Do you graduate in August 2023? If that is the case by the time the board is held, results are released it would make almost no sense for them to use a BDCP spot for you as you would get 6-8 weeks of benefit of it.

cgoodwin

Do you graduate in August 2023? If that is the case by the time the board is held, results are released it would make almost no sense for them to use a BDCP spot for you as you would get 6-8 weeks of benefit of it.
I do graduate in August 2023, and my recruiter and I have decided that BDCP makes more sense for my situation since I will not have graduated by the board date. And from what I understand, you actually receive benefits from BDCP up until you graduate from OCS.

I do graduate in August 2023, and my recruiter and I have decided that BDCP makes more sense for my situation since I will not have graduated by the board date. And from what I understand, you actually receive benefits from BDCP up until you graduate from OCS.
Anybody can apply non BDCP if they are 1 year within graduation by the board date. BDCP doesn’t really make sense in your situation…

exNavyOffRec

Well, everyone gets benefits from the time they start OCS.

While per the PA there isn't anything saying you can't apply, the intent is for people to be able to take advantage of multiple terms. It seems you would be in your last term and actually have less college left than others applying.

The last time they were picking for BDCP if a person was less than 6 months they would not move them forward with BDCP but instead move them forward with normal board process, @FormerRecruitingGuru might have some further info.

cgoodwin

From my understanding, I will be considered under a normal application anyways since I am
Well, everyone gets benefits from the time they start OCS.

While per the PA there isn't anything saying you can't apply, the intent is for people to be able to take advantage of multiple terms. It seems you would be in your last term and actually have less college left than others applying.

The last time they were picking for BDCP if a person was less than 6 months they would not move them forward with BDCP but instead move them forward with normal board process, @FormerRecruitingGuru might have some further info.
From my understanding, I will be considered under a normal board process then, right?

exNavyOffRec

From my understanding, I will be considered under a normal application anyways since I am

From my understanding, I will be considered under a normal board process then, right?
That is what would happen in the past, we shall see if former has some more info.