• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

gtownjake

Finally took my ASTB.
57 7/8/8
3.75 B.A. Business Admin
100 Hrs PPL
3 LORs
No waivers

How's it looking out there? Would have liked to got a higher OAR, I was definitely caught off guard with some questions and content.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Finally took my ASTB.
57 7/8/8
3.75 B.A. Business Admin
100 Hrs PPL
3 LORs
No waivers

How's it looking out there? Would have liked to got a higher OAR, I was definitely caught off guard with some questions and content.
What are you applying for? I’m retaking in March. Any recommendations on what helped you with your ASTB scores?

gtownjake

What are you applying for? I’m retaking in March. Any recommendations on what helped you with your ASTB scores?
SNA only. I’m sure you know since you’ve already taken it, but cover all your bases studying. Granted problems change based on performance. The reading section was a lot different than the study books I’ve used (many similar answers in the bank of choices). PBM I was ready for although it was a little odd with the emergency situations (knobs).

As far as each section goes, math caught me off guard the most. Some trig and fractional exponents. Wish I knew how to operate some of those. Reading, as said above, was more military and leadership based passages and boring. Just answer what you read in the passage (nothing from your brain). And mechanical had a few questions regarding force, work, equations, etc.

The study guides (Barrons book and Kyles Drive) are great resources, but they only get you an idea of what to expect. Some really niche content will appear in the exam and you either know it or don’t.

In the end, don’t take all this for gospel, just my experience. I truly hope my scores and package are good enough for a select. Best of luck to you on your next take.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
SNA only. I’m sure you know since you’ve already taken it, but cover all your bases studying. Granted problems change based on performance. The reading section was a lot different than the study books I’ve used (many similar answers in the bank of choices). PBM I was ready for although it was a little odd with the emergency situations (knobs).

As far as each section goes, math caught me off guard the most. Some trig and fractional exponents. Wish I knew how to operate some of those. Reading, as said above, was more military and leadership based passages and boring. Just answer what you read in the passage (nothing from your brain). And mechanical had a few questions regarding force, work, equations, etc.

The study guides (Barrons book and Kyles Drive) are great resources, but they only get you an idea of what to expect. Some really niche content will appear in the exam and you either know it or don’t.

In the end, don’t take all this for gospel, just my experience. I truly hope my scores and package are good enough for a select. Best of luck to you on your next take.
Yeah it was math that got the best of me. ANIT questions were a lot of things that I never came across. I also never used the stick and throttle prior to taking the test. Since then I’ve purchased on and have been practicing a lot. Hopefully things go better on my second attempt. Thank you!

esmbenbenek

Finally took my ASTB.
57 7/8/8
3.75 B.A. Business Admin
100 Hrs PPL
3 LORs
No waivers

I have very similar scores and GPA to you and didn't make it the last board. If you are patient, you'll eventually get picked up with your package the way it is but until numbers go back up, I wouldn't count on it.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Took the ASTB for the second time today and got 63 8/8/7, an improvement from straight 7s. With in improved ASTB and the addition of some flight hours, I think I have enough of an improvement to reapply. My recruiter said they aren't taking any SNA applicants this upcoming May board and it will likely open back up in the Fall. Has anyone else heard differently?

nefalexa

Took the ASTB for the second time today and got 63 8/8/7, an improvement from straight 7s. With in improved ASTB and the addition of some flight hours, I think I have enough of an improvement to reapply. My recruiter said they aren't taking any SNA applicants this upcoming May board and it will likely open back up in the Fall. Has anyone else heard differently?
Read the 31OCT22 board thread, a lot was explained there about the rumor.

exNavyOffRec

they’re also pushing people through the pipeline faster supposedly. There’s a light at the end of this tunnel guys.
That won't really have any affect, they can only send a specified amount of each designator to OCS each year, the biggest issues is that they over selected back in late 2021 and that issue has continued to cause an issue. The fewer they have picked at each board is fixing it.

nefalexa

The waiting part of this process is absolutely killer, especially if this is not your first board. It can be hard not to dwell on the negatives and lack of positive news. For those who need it, here's some inspiration to keep you going!

Idc what anyone says, E-2 are a dream ?

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
The waiting part of this process is absolutely killer, especially if this is not your first board. It can be hard not to dwell on the negatives and lack of positive news. For those who need it, here's some inspiration to keep you going!

F/A-18 my beloved

FlyingGamecock

After seeing some of the guys over on the November board saying they’re still waiting, unsure that I’m willing to wait 2+ years to maybe be at OCS. Might just throw a Supply package in for the June board and accept that instead. Anyone else feeling the same about the long wait?

esmbenbenek

After seeing some of the guys over on the November board saying they’re still waiting, unsure that I’m willing to wait 2+ years to maybe be at OCS. Might just throw a Supply package in for the June board and accept that instead. Anyone else feeling the same about the long wait?
No

FlyingGamecock

Lol, figured most people on here wouldn’t feel that since it’s mostly an aviation forum.

I’m not super gung ho on flying, just thought it’d be a fun an adventurous career in the Navy. I’d definitely prefer a career as a pilot, but putting my life on hold for so long is making me question it.

Keep asking myself if I’d look back and regret it in the future, but I don’t know if I have an answer. It’s not like I grew up wanting to be a Navy pilot and it’s an obvious choice. I just did a lot of research over the past year and thought it’d be a fun and rewarding career.

Just venting and thinking out loud, no obligation to respond lol