• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

gtownjake

Under one month to get those apps in! Nerves are high so I figured I'd make a post to see how everyone else is doing.

Excel sheet averages seem to be hanging around the 57 7/7/7 mark (as expected). Appears to be a decently competitive group with some high scorers out there.

Around 24% have flight experience.
GPA Average around 3.5.
Around 23% are submitting again after a previous submission.

It helps me to see this data and visualize the playing field so to speak. I don't mean to repeat any information that can easily be found on the sheet, but I figured I'd point it out to prompt discussion. Eases some nerves and satisfies some of the waiting. Feel free to reply with your current position in the process, or speak about anything you have noticed.

Edit: For those of you that have experience with the excel sheet and previous boards (ie Oct '22 and May '22), is anything noticably different with the group of applicants? Is this a normal amount to see on the sheet for this board?

BB Poison

Contributor

exNavyOffRec

Under one month to get those apps in! Nerves are high so I figured I'd make a post to see how everyone else is doing.

Excel sheet averages seem to be hanging around the 57 7/7/7 mark (as expected). Appears to be a decently competitive group with some high scorers out there.

GPA Average around 3.5.

It helps me to see this data and visualize the playing field so to speak. I don't mean to repeat any information that can easily be found on the sheet, but I figured I'd point it out to prompt discussion. Eases some nerves and satisfies some of the waiting. Feel free to reply with your current position in the process, or speak about anything you have noticed.

Edit: For those of you that have experience with the excel sheet and previous boards (ie Oct '22 and May '22), is anything noticably different with the group of applicants? Is this a normal amount to see on the sheet for this board?
Just realize that while the historical data is linked below that anything from the boards in 2022 to now is not normal so it will be difficult to gauge yourself based on the data seen, as they get back to those getting selected and shipping about 6 months later then it will be easier to do that comparison.
No, yes. Someone posted the spreadsheets for past boards if you want to compare yourself: https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/sna-snfo-historical-board-data-2020-present.48993/

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y

GPA Average around 3.5.

that’s not making me feel great haha

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
Just realize that while the historical data is linked below that anything from the boards in 2022 to now is not normal so it will be difficult to gauge yourself based on the data seen, as they get back to those getting selected and shipping about 6 months later then it will be easier to do that comparison.
Like @exNavyOffRec said, these last few boards have been anything but normal. There have been attempts to predict selection probability based on past data (see this post), but I doubt that ML model could've predicted a 20% overall selection rate in October. I was lucky and am incredibly thankful to have been selected on that board, but it easily could've gone the other direction in favor of someone with a better PFAR and some other factor.

That being said, it's all up to Big Navy and what they need. The rule of thumb is and has always been "higher scores = higher chance of selection." I doubt that will change anytime soon.

gtownjake

Like @exNavyOffRec said, these last few boards have been anything but normal. There have been attempts to predict selection probability based on past data (see this post), but I doubt that ML model could've predicted a 20% overall selection rate in October. I was lucky and am incredibly thankful to have been selected on that board, but it easily could've gone the other direction in favor of someone with a better PFAR and some other factor.

That being said, it's all up to Big Navy and what they need. The rule of thumb is and has always been "higher scores = higher chance of selection." I doubt that will change anytime soon.
Great point, we are in a huge “wait and see” era. But then again it seems as if this era has been what makes Naval Aviation so desirable if that makes sense. Makes you wonder how many people fell victim to low selection that would make great aviators and vice versa.

cgoodwin

Just talked to my recruiter, he is not optimistic about this board happening at all. He said as of now they do not have any more quotas for aviation.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Just talked to my recruiter, he is not optimistic about this board happening at all. He said as of now they do not have any more quotas for aviation.

There’s some NFO spots still available, and a few SNA I believe. According to the dashboard. Also it’s hard to tell what’s actually available. My recruiter told me some people have been switching designations, dropping themselves, failing PRTs.

cgoodwin

There’s some NFO spots still available, and a few SNA I believe. According to the dashboard. Also it’s hard to tell what’s actually available. My recruiter told me some people have been switching designations, dropping themselves, failing PRTs.
I'm just hoping the board happens. Sounds like even those who get selected are still at least a year out from classing up at OCS.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I'm just hoping the board happens. Sounds like even those who get selected are still at least a year out from classing up at OCS.

Good news is that the longer we wait the closer the report days are after getting selected. A lot can happen in a year and a half of waiting.