• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Not trying to put bad vibes out there, but if this May board were to get cancelled AFTER the deadline of 7 April, would our applications automatically be pushed to the next board, or just bounce back for our OR to resubmit? Or can a board even be cancelled after the submission deadline?
If a board is cancelled it is typical to push the applications to the next board, and yes boards can be cancelled after the submission date, they can cancel anytime before the results are sent out.

eranger24

Being that pilot slots in the Navy are backed up, has anyone here considered taking the AFOQT for the Air Force?

MotorCookie

Being that pilot slots in the Navy are backed up, has anyone here considered taking the AFOQT for the Air Force?
I took the AFOQT a couple of years ago but getting a pilot slot through AF OTS is ridiculously difficult right now.

WOFT on the other hand is starting to look more and more enticing.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

Have a buddy who’s currently waiting 18 months. He got a pilot slot through USAF Academy. Still backed up also. I considered the Marine route. They told me with my PFT I’d get selected right away. I maxed push up, pull up, plank. My run time still was high just not maxed lol. It’s all about the PFT, and I wish the Navy factored in the PFT for candidates. Marines are not “backed up” they just have selected lower numbers.

mh92

This whole waiting to see if the board convenes is nerve wracking. I just switched my application around. SNA first then SNFO since my recruiter told me I can defer SNFO in case the SNA board opens again later this year. Really, I'm okay with either at the end of the day but I need to be denied/accepted from both or I'll wonder "what if I had applied to the other." I'm turning 31 in May so I'm getting close to the age limit and this was always a dream that life kinda went sideways and I went down a different career path until I realized they raised the age limit a while back and I qualified again. (Everyone I know thinks I'm insane to try switching careers at this point.)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This whole waiting to see if the board convenes is nerve wracking. I just switched my application around. SNA first then SNFO since my recruiter told me I can defer SNFO in case the SNA board opens again later this year. Really, I'm okay with either at the end of the day but I need to be denied/accepted from both or I'll wonder "what if I had applied to the other." I'm turning 31 in May so I'm getting close to the age limit and this was always a dream that life kinda went sideways and I went down a different career path until I realized they raised the age limit a while back and I qualified again. (Everyone I know thinks I'm insane to try switching careers at this point.)

If your overall heart is with SNA, why not just apply for that first and only choice?

Turning down SNFO can have ramifications.

mh92

If your overall heart is with SNA, why not just apply for that first and only choice?

Turning down SNFO can have ramifications.
At the end of the day I would accept either. I just don't want to accept SNFO without at least getting a decision on SNA either and I don't mean just not having the board not convene. The deferring was actually my recruiters idea, I didn't even know it was possible. According to him, you can only defer for up to a year if it's listed as a second choice.