• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

eranger24

This whole waiting to see if the board convenes is nerve wracking. I just switched my application around. SNA first then SNFO since my recruiter told me I can defer SNFO in case the SNA board opens again later this year. Really, I'm okay with either at the end of the day but I need to be denied/accepted from both or I'll wonder "what if I had applied to the other." I'm turning 31 in May so I'm getting close to the age limit and this was always a dream that life kinda went sideways and I went down a different career path until I realized they raised the age limit a while back and I qualified again. (Everyone I know thinks I'm insane to try switching careers at this point.)
Do not put NFO if you’re not going to accept a NFO slot. You’re going to screw people out of a slot by doing that. Not cool.

mh92

Do not put NFO if you’re not going to accept a NFO slot. You’re going to screw people out of a slot by doing that. Not cool.
It doesn't really screw someone out of a slot if it's a deferment for 2-3 months. I already said I'd accept it if that's what I get, I just want to hear back from both boards before accepting. I think that's a fair feeling.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
At the end of the day I would accept either. I just don't want to accept SNFO without at least getting a decision on SNA either and I don't mean just not having the board not convene. The deferring was actually my recruiters idea, I didn't even know it was possible. According to him, you can only defer for up to a year if it's listed as a second choice.

You could always try and and put in for a pilot spot as an NFO. It’s ver difficult and only the top applicants are selected for that.

mh92

You could always try and and put in for a pilot spot as an NFO. It’s ver difficult and only the top applicants are selected for that.
Eh, I'm not going to depend on that. My friends that are aviators and NFOs basically said it's a crapshoot. Whichever I end up doing I will just stick to and do my absolute best. I only want to give myself a fair shot at both designators.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Eh, I'm not going to depend on that. My friends that are aviators and NFOs basically said it's a crapshoot. Whichever I end up doing I will just stick to and do my absolute best. I only want to give myself a fair shot at both designators.

Either way, you’ll be involved in the cockpit and your role is important. Wish you the best of luck!

exNavyOffRec

At the end of the day I would accept either. I just don't want to accept SNFO without at least getting a decision on SNA either and I don't mean just not having the board not convene. The deferring was actually my recruiters idea, I didn't even know it was possible. According to him, you can only defer for up to a year if it's listed as a second choice.
In the past those that were picked for SNFO that wanted to try again for SNA had to decline SNFO to go to board in almost every circumstance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It doesn't really screw someone out of a slot if it's a deferment for 2-3 months. I already said I'd accept it if that's what I get, I just want to hear back from both boards before accepting. I think that's a fair feeling.

I’m still not understanding this strategy. Being that Pilot / NFO is the same board, if you’re PROREC Y for NFO even though it was your second choice it’s elected you will ship to OCS as an NFO.