• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Mouselovr

Contributor
When I was still in the Army my training was at Corry Station in Pensacola. Waited 10 months to get into a 3 month class. Will be just like old times.
Navy's got ya beat.
Everything will change when you guys go through but it was an 8-month-long wait for a 1 month course followed by another 2 months of waiting for 2 weeks of flying.

Its all fun though. Enjoy the time and the ride.

Navy's got ya beat.
Everything will change when you guys go through but it was an 8-month-long wait for a 1 month course followed by another 2 months of waiting for 2 weeks of flying.

Its all fun though. Enjoy the time and the ride.
I've been planning this out for 8 years so I'm in no rush and there are far worse places to get stuck than Pensacola. I just need the board gods to bless me with the opportunity

Anyone looking into/actively pursing coast guard aviation? Recently started thinking about trying for a commission with them while I wait for the next SNA board if I don’t get picked up
I am actually applying to multiple branches of service, including the Coast Guard. All you have to do is go to the nearest recruiting office and they'll help you out. The only thing with the Coast Guard is that you're not guaranteed an aviation job upon commissioning (unless you join while you're in college). It's solely based on how you do in OCS. From what I've read though if you're not selected, you can reapply after you reach the fleet. Usually, Coast Guard Officers who apply are accepted within 1-2 years of applying if not selected straight out of OCS.

FlyingGamecock

I am actually applying to multiple branches of service, including the Coast Guard. All you have to do is go to the nearest recruiting office and they'll help you out. The only thing with the Coast Guard is that you're not guaranteed an aviation job upon commissioning (unless you join while you're in college). It's solely based on how you do in OCS. From what I've read though if you're not selected, you can reapply after you reach the fleet. Usually, Coast Guard Officers who apply are accepted within 1-2 years of applying if not selected straight out of OCS.
Yeah I’ve heard that it’s pretty easy to get picked up for flight school in the Coast Guard. All it takes is some persistence. I’ve seen people say they’ve never seen someone not get pilot if they kept applying.

gtownjake

I live two blocks from a decently sized Class D airport, and once in a blue moon we get military visitors, but not any recently.

I’m outside just now when a Hornet goes straight into a carrier break above me cutting out the ABs…

NAVY GODS PLEASE QUIT TEASING ME

I just assume those training pipelines are more susceptible to the types of protections that were put in place because of COVID. I mean they ROM'd entire CAGs on the ship pre-deployment, I think it's likely they'd be pretty risk averse for something like putting people in trainer jets in a viral environment.
From talking to a pilot who just left their procurement tour down in cola, the major set back for primary is because of the trainer canopies that were damaged during Hurricane Sally in late 2020. I forget the number he gave me but the company that makes the canopy has not produced them in years and they are on a severe back order.

villo0692

From talking to a pilot who just left their procurement tour down in cola, the major set back for primary is because of the trainer canopies that were damaged during Hurricane Sally in late 2020. I forget the number he gave me but the company that makes the canopy has not produced them in years and they are on a severe back order.
Idk man, we’re all here classing up for Primary very quickly

gtownjake

I’ve also heard similar stories about the delays being attributed to faulty parts/Mx issues. ie the Goshawk “blade gate” for example.

I don’t think it’s simple enough to be one bottleneck in the whole system, more so multiple bottlenecks in an otherwise narrow pipeline. In the end there’s nothing anyone that spends their time on this sight can do, those people are in this 5 sided building in VA ?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I’ve also heard similar stories about the delays being attributed to faulty parts/Mx issues. ie the Goshawk “blade gate” for example.

I don’t think it’s simple enough to be one bottleneck in the whole system, more so multiple bottlenecks in an otherwise narrow pipeline. In the end there’s nothing anyone that spends their time on this sight can do, those people are in this 5 sided building in VA ?

Yeah VTs are delayed from the goshawk