• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Has anyone in here successfully submitted a reconsideration package that didnt take the ASTB again? I’m wondering if a slight change in my GPA and updated documents will be enough to reapply in the event I need to go for the July board. The time constraint has me questioning my backup options.

I have. Submitting for SNA, got 10 more flight hours, improved my gpa by .5, got a job promotion. Went through with no issues.
There is what will allow you to apply again, and what will actually give you a better shot at getting selected. If for instance you were going for SWO a slight GPA change would allow you to reapply and might get you selected, but for SNA the GPA change would allow you to apply but not do anything for trying to get the board to select you. The same with flight hours it will allow you to reapply but do really nothing in getting you selected.

If a person had a 7 or below and was a "N" the first time around the ASTB change is really what will get noticed. Now if a person during this abnormal times had an 8 or a 9 I would hold and just say it was bad luck during a tough time and take that GPA change or flight hour change and apply again.

gtownjake

Still working on my Three letter Acronym game. What’s DNR?
A lot of DNRs happen to those with non medical waivers so I hear. I think if you have a decent package your chances of getting picked up before getting a DNR are pretty good.

I’m sure someone with more knowledge can speak to this

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Highly recommend the trash can nachos at the pink pony. Great part-time lesbian biker bar on the drive home. Calms down a lot after spring break.
I’m cracking up remembering I was partying it up in Gulf Shores for Spring Break just one and half years ago

gtownjake

For anyone who cares:
Excel sheet doesn't show SNA specific score averages, yet. Super easy to find but to save anyone the work see below.

SNA Applicant AVGs (May 2023 Board)
7 / 7.2 / 7.1
3.44 GPA

Some stats nerd could probably find the deviation, variance, etc. but I'm too lazy.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Board in 2 weeks. Will they meet the 29th since it’s Memorial Day or wait until Tuesday the 30th? I’ve heard even though the board convenes the 22nd, they don’t pick until the following week.

Board in 2 weeks. Will they meet the 29th since it’s Memorial Day or wait until Tuesday the 30th? I’ve heard even though the board convenes the 22nd, they don’t pick until the following week.
Pretty sure it convenes the 22, they go over packages for the week, and finalize the results whenever they’re finished. Probably is typically the following week depending on the number of applicants. Spread sheet wise at 60, comparing the historical results to people who filled out their scores, probably looking at 250ish applicants. Doesn’t really matter since we still gotta wait 2-3 more weeks for LT to post to her portal.

gtownjake

I always make the mistake of thinking “oh I’m middle of the pack” when looking at a 40 person spreadsheet. Then I remember that’s probably 30% of the actual applicant pool and middle of the pack doesn’t look so good anymore…

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Pretty sure it convenes the 22, they go over packages for the week, and finalize the results whenever they’re finished. Probably is typically the following week depending on the number of applicants. Spread sheet wise at 60, comparing the historical results to people who filled out their scores, probably looking at 250ish applicants. Doesn’t really matter since we still gotta wait 2-3 more weeks for LT to post to her portal.
What do you mean wait 2-3 weeks for LT to post to portal

What do you mean wait 2-3 weeks for LT to post to portal
The result list on the flankspeed portal. Where all recruiters and AD will pull the results from. Pretty sure that hits before you BOL or CoC is updated though the two former recruiters would know more than me about that.