• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

I always make the mistake of thinking “oh I’m middle of the pack” when looking at a 40 person spreadsheet. Then I remember that’s probably 30% of the actual applicant pool and middle of the pack doesn’t look so good anymore…
To be fair typically it’s people who give a shit enough to do their research and find this site which means the spreadsheet is likely slightly above average.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
To be fair typically it’s people who give a shit enough to do their research and find this site which means the spreadsheet is likely slightly above average.
Just hoping the remaining applicants that aren’t on there are all applying Pilot. Just ready for quotas

exNavyOffRec

Pretty sure it convenes the 22, they go over packages for the week, and finalize the results whenever they’re finished. Probably is typically the following week depending on the number of applicants. Spread sheet wise at 60, comparing the historical results to people who filled out their scores, probably looking at 250ish applicants. Doesn’t really matter since we still gotta wait 2-3 more weeks for LT to post to her portal.
The actual review takes like a day, the rest of the time is NRC admin work.

Just hoping the remaining applicants that aren’t on there are all applying Pilot. Just ready for quotas
Can’t speak on behalf of SNA but I called the other day and they said there are definitely more than 18 SNFO slots and laughed, a number someone was throwing around earlier in this thread. So that’s a glimmer of hope.

exNavyOffRec

Sheesh, that’s a lot of people to read through.
Because the dont read the entire application, quick glance for negative issues, ASTB, GPA, then one pile or another. They just need to see who has the best shot of getting through the pipeline and that takes no time at all.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Can’t speak on behalf of SNA but I called the other day and they said there are definitely more than 18 SNFO slots and laughed, a number someone was throwing around earlier in this thread. So that’s a glimmer of hope.
I’m not sure if I was the one that said 18 but on the share point it says NFO - 18. pilot - 0. So I guess that’s not very accurate but I’m guessing it’s more than 18?

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Board in 2 weeks. Will they meet the 29th since it’s Memorial Day or wait until Tuesday the 30th? I’ve heard even though the board convenes the 22nd, they don’t pick until the following week.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, they met around this time last year, and if I'm not mistaken the amount of days it took to release results didn't seem wonky because of it.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I always make the mistake of thinking “oh I’m middle of the pack” when looking at a 40 person spreadsheet. Then I remember that’s probably 30% of the actual applicant pool and middle of the pack doesn’t look so good anymore…
Don't stress. You've already done a significant amount of work just to make it to board. If you end up having to go back to the drawing board, at least you learned something and became better because of it.

I’m not sure if I was the one that said 18 but on the share point it says NFO - 18. pilot - 0. So I guess that’s not very accurate but I’m guessing it’s more than 18?
Yeah that’s what I called about. She said they finished shipping FY23 so that number is irrelevant. FY23 shipping ends July 2nd anyway so there’s no way there would have been any on this board. They probably filled the rest with ROTC/academy grads. She said there would definitely be more than that but didn’t give a number.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah that’s what I called about. She said they finished shipping FY23 so that number is irrelevant. FY23 shipping ends July 2nd anyway so there’s no way there would have been any on this board. They probably filled the rest with ROTC/academy grads. She said there would definitely be more than that but didn’t give a number.
ROTC/USNA are different pools, those numbers were known months ago, at this point they can't substitute an ROTC/USNA for an OCS spot. It is actually the reverse, at this point if there is a shortage it would be fill by OCS person.

Mouselovr

Contributor
From talking to a pilot who just left their procurement tour down in cola, the major set back for primary is because of the trainer canopies that were damaged during Hurricane Sally in late 2020. I forget the number he gave me but the company that makes the canopy has not produced them in years and they are on a severe back order.
Not true. Whiting wait time is currently sitting at ~2 months.
Corpus is ~1 month.

ROTC/USNA are different pools, those numbers were known months ago, at this point they can't substitute an ROTC/USNA for an OCS spot. It is actually the reverse, at this point if there is a shortage it would be fill by OCS person.
Ah, gotcha. So graduation month is actually a good time to be boarding, eh?

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
So there is validity that they are not selecting SNAs this board or am I interpreting that wrong?