• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
The board dates are indeed just an estimate, but if it does start tomorrow (Monday) the board most likely won't see it, not that they even care or will look for it, they take just a few minutes to review, SNA/SNFO unlike most other boards goes really fast.
Yeah true my only issue is that it’s the only NFO appraisal and that’s what I’m applying for. Would hate for that to be the reason to get a No. any idea how many they’re selecting? I know that’s a bad question

gtownjake

Yeah true my only issue is that it’s the only NFO appraisal and that’s what I’m applying for. Would hate for that to be the reason to get a No. any idea how many they’re selecting? I know that’s a bad question
From an outside perspective you seem to be good to go for NFO. You’d have to really screw up with your package to not get picked up for NFO with your scores and such, I wouldn’t worry.

exNavyOffRec

How many being selected doesn't do any good without knowing how many applied and what the scores are of those people that applied.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
How many being selected doesn't do any good without knowing how many applied and what the scores are of those people that applied.
We know that there are roughly 242 applicants. We can also assume that there are more applying pilot than NFO. We will never know everyone’s scores because not every is in the spreadsheet.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
We know that there are roughly 242 applicants. We can also assume that there are more applying pilot than NFO. We will never know everyone’s scores because not every is in the spreadsheet.
Using that information and some historical information that you can get from some of the recent boards sheets you actually can get a semi-fuzzy idea of how NFO has performed, as well as the likely composition of the designators people are applying for. You're never going to get any facts, and honestly the more speculating you do in the absence of anything concrete, you're likely to just feel worse and worse about things. My advice is to try to put it to the side for a while and go start working out boot camp style and learning some OCS stuff as though you're just waiting to get your date.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Using that information and some historical information that you can get from some of the recent boards sheets you actually can get a semi-fuzzy idea of how NFO has performed, as well as the likely composition of the designators people are applying for. You're never going to get any facts, and honestly the more speculating you do in the absence of anything concrete, you're likely to just feel worse and worse about things. My advice is to try to put it to the side for a while and go start working out boot camp style and learning some OCS stuff as though you're just waiting to get your date.
Ahhh as nice as that sounds, I never want to assume that I’m going and then get told you weren’t accepted. That will be crushing. I go on leave for 20 days this Wednesday so I will definitely be kept busy while waiting for results

Second that. Though I have shin splints right now that won’t go away and not being able to run is killing me. Might start hitting the pool again since we’re gonna have to swim a mile in full kit. I’ve done 2K swims which were rough without all the other shit on.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Second that. Though I have shin splints right now that won’t go away and not being able to run is killing me. Might start hitting the pool again since we’re gonna have to swim a mile in full kit. I’ve done 2K swims which were rough without all the other shit on.
When does all that swimming take place?