• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
Sometimes, I go and search for cruise videos, it's basically just a highlight reel of cool stuff/places they got to experience during a sea tour. It never fails to get me fired up.
Here's an example (VFA-105 2021 cruise)

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Sometimes, I go and search for cruise videos, it's basically just a highlight reel of cool stuff/places they got to experience during a sea tour. It never fails to get me fired up.
Here's an example (VFA-105 2021 cruise)
My old squadron from when I was in, VFA-11, has a couple on there including my last deployment in 2018.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Well, I got orders to HSM-73 on North Island. Didn't expect to get picked up on my first look, even told the detailer I had a package in. At least if I don't get picked up this time I'll be down in San Diego, so that's nice.

On another note, I'm reenlisting next month because I'm brainwashed and like being in the Navy and I want to transfer GI bill benefits when I do. I cleared it with Legal O and career counselor and nobody foresees and problems if I commission, anyone have any experience or advice?

@ScottL I talked to my detailer because he cut me orders after I submitted my application and I was worried about it. He said it’s not a big deal, and commissioning orders will supersede the transfer orders. The whole notifying navpers thing is in case your PRD is coming up they won’t transfer you until your package fate is decided.

gtownjake

Only been a week, but anyone heard anything remotely resembling an update? My feeble mind can only remain occupied so long…

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I talked to my detailer because he cut me orders after I submitted my application and I was worried about it. He said it’s not a big deal, and commissioning orders will supersede the transfer orders. The whole notifying navpers thing is in case your PRD is coming up they won’t transfer you until your package fate is decided.
Cool, detailer told me just to pick like normal. I figured they could at least wait til my second look - after results would likely be out. Not a bad set of orders, though, so I'm not miffed.
Only been a week, but anyone heard anything remotely resembling an update? My feeble mind can only remain occupied so long…
You should be prepared to go zombie mode for about a month. Keep hitting the plates and eating chicken and broccoli and when the results come out and we all get selected it'll be time to celebrate.

BDavis11

Contributor
Cool, detailer told me just to pick like normal. I figured they could at least wait til my second look - after results would likely be out. Not a bad set of orders, though, so I'm not miffed.

You should be prepared to go zombie mode for about a month. Keep hitting the plates and eating chicken and broccoli and when the results come out and we all get selected it'll be time to celebrate.
Facts. It isn't worth constantly worrying about. I think we will see results in under 30 days. I would guess by june 16. Results have been coming out in about 4 weeks or so.

I didn’t select till my last look lol, figured I would just in case the economy tanked and everything else went wrong as a contingency. Don’t know if I’ll stick around if I don’t get picked up but I got orders to VAW-124 and I’m a CT so squadron orders are a rarity. Figured worst case scenario that is my best bet for a re-application.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I didn’t select till my last look lol, figured I would just in case the economy tanked and everything else went wrong as a contingency. Don’t know if I’ll stick around if I don’t get picked up but I got orders to VAW-124 and I’m a CT so squadron orders are a rarity. Figured worst case scenario that is my best bet for a re-application.
Hell yeah, that's actually a great opportunity to meet and interact with NFOs since Hawkeyes are full of them. I didn't know VAWs had billets for CTs but it'll be a good time when/if you go there. Squadron life is cooler than boat chuck life.