• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Hell yeah, that's actually a great opportunity to meet and interact with NFOs since Hawkeyes are full of them. I didn't know VAWs had billets for CTs but it'll be a good time when/if you go there. Squadron life is cooler than boat chuck life.
I was supposed to be the very first at one (specifically the same one funny enough) 3 years ago. But, I had my OCM put me on shore duty so I could finish school. But yeah, ton of NFOs. No clue what I'd do there though, and I don't wish to find out lmfao. I'd much rather show up as an NFO on my third set of orders to the command.

BDavis11

Contributor
Hell yeah, that's actually a great opportunity to meet and interact with NFOs since Hawkeyes are full of them. I didn't know VAWs had billets for CTs but it'll be a good time when/if you go there. Squadron life is cooler than boat chuck life.
Definitely don't miss the boat chuck life. Hope to never see it again.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I was supposed to be the very first at one (specifically the same one funny enough) 3 years ago. But, I had my OCM put me on shore duty so I could finish school. But yeah, ton of NFOs. No clue what I'd do there though, and I don't wish to find out lmfao. I'd much rather show up as an NFO on my third set of orders to the command.
No worries man, you'll be debriefing E5 evals here before you know it and nobody will doubt that you know the struggle.

Oh, and doing missions and stuff.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Definitely don't miss the boat chuck life. Hope to never see it again.
Lol never. Going to the boat with the air wing is a different beast, but it's worth it. My very first day on the boat and someone I didn't even know must have known I was new and told me "welcome to cell block 76" and that was basically the speed of the rest of that deployment.

My first boat was a sub. Not too shabby in retrospect, hated it most times when I was there. Now that I’ve experienced surface Navy I want no part of that lmao. Learned a whole lot about our friendly P8s as ESM Operator so TACCO would be a sick gig.

BDavis11

Contributor
Lol never. Going to the boat with the air wing is a different beast, but it's worth it. My very first day on the boat and someone I didn't even know must have known I was new and told me "welcome to cell block 76" and that was basically the speed of the rest of that deployment.
Lol Cell Block 72 vet here

I will say I think the wait for OCS will be even more excruciating trying to keep from tweaking a knee for months. I have a sand soccer tourney next weekend and am regretting signing up lol. I’m just gonna be giving the ball away.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Some boards results came out after 1.5-2 weeks. Somehow my recruiter told me about a week after the board happened. He had a connection apparently

Andrew_franny

I will say I think the wait for OCS will be even more excruciating trying to keep from tweaking a knee for months. I have a sand soccer tourney next weekend and am regretting signing up lol. I’m just gonna be giving the ball away.
By any chance is the tourney in San Diego?