• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Is 242 confirmed? I saw someone say 242 applicants and I just threw that on the Excel sheet, so someone who has access may fact check me on that.
The total number on the at board list is 242. There’s 3 applicants on that list who’s name is on there twice so 239, but Florida Dad’s name was not on the list but he is at board. So that could’ve happened to a few others. It’s Atleast 240, if not a few more. I couldn’t see them missing that many people. There are also some applicants who are listed “at board” like the person that made the spreadsheet but they aren’t at board. Confusing I know but that’s all I got

FlyingGamecock

In the meantime while we wait, what is everyone’s aircraft dream sheet?

For me:
1. Growler
2. F35/Super Hornet
3. Poseidon
4. Greyhound

I think the Growler’s mission is super interesting making it my top choice. F35/Super Hornet because I wanna go fast lol. Poseidon for that sweet sweet per diem. Greyhound also has a cool mission and I like how they hop around from place to place.

JpQuist

For me:
1. Growler
2. F35/Super Hornet
3. Poseidon
4. Greyhound

I think the Growler’s mission is super interesting making it my top choice. F35/Super Hornet because I wanna go fast lol. Poseidon for that sweet sweet per diem. Greyhound also has a cool mission and I like how they hop around from place to place.
Something about the Hawkeye has always intrigued me so it would definitely be at the top of my list. I was at an air show two days ago where they had the F35 demo team and it’s almost like watching a UFO or something unnatural to see how nimble and quick they are. Of course it’s hard to not want to fly a Super Hornet seeing the Blue Angels though.

Storm27324

For me:
1. Growler
2. F35/Super Hornet
3. Poseidon
4. Greyhound

1. Hawkeye (E2/C2)
2. Poesiedon (Maritime)
3. Growler (Strike)
4. CMV-22 (Rotary)

Hawkeye, largest carrier based plane and the c2 is on the out, I am one of the weird ones who don't mind being underway ??‍♂️ poseidon for quality of life (obviously) growler/strike because jets. Cool. I prefer the growler mission, my grandfather flew electronic attack B17s in WW2 (radar jammer essentially on the outside of the bomb group) then Rotarys, the Osprey is the best of both. Cool bird.

Last edited:

FlyingGamecock

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get the Greyhound anymore, since it's being replaced. It sounds like a sweet gig though
Oh wow I did not know that, I thought I saw something recently where they are replacing some of the avionics and doing other upgrades to it to keep it flying longer. Could be to just extend it until they fully replace it. That’s a bummer

Carolina Cruizer

Prorec Y-SNFO
Oh wow I did not know that, I thought I saw something recently where they are replacing some of the avionics and doing other upgrades to it to keep it flying longer. Could be to just extend it until they fully replace it. That’s a bummer
Yeah the VRC squadron on the west coast is getting sundowned next year or 2026 and turning those duties to the VRM(V22) community.

Storm27324

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get the Greyhound anymore, since it's being replaced. It sounds like a sweet gig though
They've been trying to replace the Greyhound since the early 2000s (my Air Boss is a Greyhound pilot) phasing them in and out. I don't think they are selecting currently but wouldn't be surprised if they select again with delays in the Osprey.