• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
That’s the one I requested, lol. How many seats were open, anyway?

I was told just to tell them my availability so if you aren’t ready to go then it shouldn’t be hard to push it back. I wouldn’t wait for orders though, after all they are trying to accommodate you already but letting you tell them when you can leave.
My Skipper said that I was good to be released at the end of the month but I’m worried if I say to release my September then they might push it back months. Did you just tell your CO 15OCT?

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
Yalls chain of command gave y’all a choice? Cause my senior chief gave me my prospective ship date and I told him that was way too early for me. He said that if I didn’t have a medical issue or something super pressing that would prevent me from going during that time, then that’s exactly when I was gonna go. Basically told me to shut my punk ass up and be ready lol.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Yalls chain of command gave y’all a choice? Cause my senior chief gave me my prospective ship date and I told him that was way too early for me. He said that if I didn’t have a medical issue or something super pressing that would prevent me from going during that time, then that’s exactly when I was gonna go. Basically told me to shut my punk ass up and be ready lol.
HAHAHA! That’s rough

My Skipper said that I was good to be released at the end of the month but I’m worried if I say to release my September then they might push it back months. Did you just tell your CO 15OCT?
If you’re not good to be released you’re not good lol, just tell them when you want to go. You’ll get whatever the next open class is. I told them I will be good to leave October 1st as I have a wedding to go to September 30th. Since everybody not active duty besides one leaves before October I’m pretty sure there is availability, though I’m gonna look around CANTRAC since someone suggested it.

The verbiage from NRC said to send the service member’s availability, they’re definitely supposed to ask you when you can go lol.

I looked at CANTRAC and only 2 people are seated for October 15th lol. 20 Female slots and 78 Male slots still open. The two September classes are just slightly less empty but plenty of room. No one is seated later than OCT 15th, yet. I'll send a screen cap to y'all if you want.

Last edited:

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
I looked at CANTRAC and only 2 people are seated for October 15th lol. 20 Female slots and 78 Male slots. The two September classes are just slightly less empty but plenty of room. No one is seated later than OCT 15th, yet. I'll send a screen cap to y'all if you want.
Any idea who I would reach out to about getting that 15OCT? I know my CO just gives a release date, I don’t think he can do anything about which class I’m in.

Any idea who I would reach out to about getting that 15OCT? I know my CO just gives a release date, I don’t think he can do anything about which class I’m in.
I asked specifically for a date but she just kept saying tell her when I am ready to ship by. I'm sure since there are 78 open slots if you say October 1st you'll get it, though. But NRC assigns the date at the end of the day so I don't think we can specifically request one. Again though, there are 0 people in the November classes so they aren't even looking to fill those yet so if you say October 1st you should get that next class.

edit: jk there is 1enrolled in November lol.

York235

Since there's still SNA's waiting to go to OCS from last year, should I expect an OCS date for sometime next year? My recruiter told me FY24 and that's it.

Since there's still SNA's waiting to go to OCS from last year, should I expect an OCS date for sometime next year? My recruiter told me FY24 and that's it.
We just play the waiting game at this point. My recruiter said he wouldn’t be surprised if we get pushed to FY25. I want to clarify he just said that’s possible, didn’t say it was gonna happen, just a possibility!

Does anyone know how many SNA's usually get put into 1 OCS class? Or at least like a rough estimate of what its been like in the past? My recruiter also said there was 160 SNA's waiting to go, assuming that didn't count for us selected on this board. @exNavyOffRec is this something that has common data or is it just completely random on how many get thrown into a class?
OCS classes rn have 3-5 snas.

exNavyOffRec

If you’re not good to be released you’re not good lol, just tell them when you want to go. You’ll get whatever the next open class is. I told them I will be good to leave October 1st as I have a wedding to go to September 30th. Since everybody not active duty besides one leaves before October I’m pretty sure there is availability, though I’m gonna look around CANTRAC since someone suggested it.
There is what is in CANTRAC and there is what is on the list they haven't submitted yet, there were many times CANTRAC showed empty or nearly empty classes but NRC already had people allocated, they just hadn't put them in the system yet. Open spots may indeed be open, or they might not, flip a coin at this point.

exNavyOffRec

It's not like enlisted recruiting where they are judged by how many people they get to sign up. Officer recruiters are judged by how many people they send to boards. Or so I've been told.
It has gone back and forth over the years, there have been submission goals and there have been selection goals. The issue with selection goals is the recruiter has no control over who is selected except to find those that fit the profile of those selected before. If a recruiter is submitting a bunch of people they can say they submitted but the board didn't pick them. That is why you see recruiters who will say anything to get people to submit.

Tumbleweed33

We just play the waiting game at this point. My recruiter said he wouldn’t be surprised if we get pushed to FY25. I want to clarify he just said that’s possible, didn’t say it was gonna happen, just a possibility!
IT happened to a lot of the nov 21 board guys and gals. Nothing is guaranteed until you get the FINSEL. Like i said earlier. do not tell your employers you will be waiting a while.