• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Just got an email from Mr Celestin which included my Skipper and XO, once OCS approves my file, I’ll receive orders in 30-45 business days which will be September so I’m assuming I’ll be in the Oct class, if not then a few classes after.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Did anyone else's recruiter tell them they had to wait 6 months before reapplying?

It’s required to wait 6 months if there is no SIGNIFICANT change. From the examples I’ve heard: Huge improvement in ASTB, GPA increase, PPL (anything past a PPL I hope it’s for your job), new degree.

I’ve also heard if you try and resubmit even after 6 months with no change it’s viewed as wtf has this person been doing in all this time with no self development? and your packet may be rejected without even being looked at.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I am about to finish my PPL so that would be considered a significant change?

I’m going to be honest, I don’t think that would be viewed as a significant change considering flight hours are often not a huge factor. If someone submitted with no hours, then now they have a PPL then that’s pretty significant.

I’m not sure who makes that call at the end of the day. I think the processors who process everything have the day in that.

Best advice would be to ask your recruiter.

I didn’t get picked up last October, here are the changes I’m bringing to the July board:

ASTB improve from 49 6/7/7 to 54 7/8/7
Professional job: hired at Largest investment firm in the world 7.1T AUM
Professional Certs: Series 7 and Series 63
Flight hours: 0 now 11
Flight endorsements: High Speed and Complex endorsements

That’s all of my improvements since the last time I applied… if that helps you gauge.

Showjr

Yeah I appreciate it. I feel like my astb is low but when i asked my recruiter he said no it is fine and did not really instruct me to change anything

nefalexa

It’s required to wait 6 months if there is no SIGNIFICANT change. From the examples I’ve heard: Huge improvement in ASTB, GPA increase, PPL (anything past a PPL I hope it’s for your job), new degree.

I’ve also heard if you try and resubmit even after 6 months with no change it’s viewed as wtf has this person been doing in all this time with no self development? and your packet may be rejected without even being looked at.
Soloing an aircraft, getting a good written exam grade, getting a job promotion/recognition/new project completed are all good enough. I soloed and got a job promotion and mentioned that in my “since last board” section of the motivational statement. It got me selected. Do whatever you can and convince your OR what you did is good enough and keep pushing don’t stop.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Has anyone signed the service agreement for OCS and if so where do you find it? My CCC has not been able to find it. I would rather get it done ASAP