• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Has anyone signed the service agreement for OCS and if so where do you find it? My CCC has not been able to find it. I would rather get it done ASAP
I would email or have the CCC email Paul, the processors normally handled these things but I think NRC emails the forms out to your command.

Soloing an aircraft, getting a good written exam grade, getting a job promotion/recognition/new project completed are all good enough. I soloed and got a job promotion and mentioned that in my “since last board” section of the motivational statement. It got me selected. Do whatever you can and convince your OR what you did is good enough and keep pushing don’t stop.
For my final go around, my recruiter recommended putting charity work/volunteering not only in the application forms but also in my motivational/ personal statement since I did a lot of charity gigs during my college time. I know its not be all end all but it can employ that you are a well rounded individual that already gives back to the community.

Showjr

Thanks for the good info
Soloing an aircraft, getting a good written exam grade, getting a job promotion/recognition/new project completed are all good enough. I soloed and got a job promotion and mentioned that in my “since last board” section of the motivational statement. It got me selected. Do whatever you can and convince your OR what you did is good enough and keep pushing don’t stop.

exNavyOffRec

For my final go around, my recruiter recommended putting charity work/volunteering not only in the application forms but also in my motivational/ personal statement since I did a lot of charity gigs during my college time. I know its not be all end all but it can employ that you are a well rounded individual that already gives back to the community.
The thing to think about is will it help you pass the aviation pipeline? If it won't it really doesn't matter for aviation. The path to get to wings is unique compared to any other designator, the only pipeline that is similar in a long pipeline is nuke, and they also look at what is going to help you get through the pipeline.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
I was wondering if anyone knew how BAH works while I’m at OCS. I always thought it was based off where your family was located but I was told today by a guy in ADMIN that it would be where I am. I’m planning on moving my family to Florida before I leave for OCS since we will be moving down there after OCS and to avoid having to come back to CA to move all of our stuff.

JoeBob1788

I was wondering if anyone knew how BAH works while I’m at OCS. I always thought it was based off where your family was located but I was told today by a guy in ADMIN that it would be where I am. I’m planning on moving my family to Florida before I leave for OCS since we will be moving down there after OCS and to avoid having to buy come back to CA to move all of our stuff.
It’ll be where your family was last on your orders, so your current duty station. The Navy won’t pay to move you until after OCS. Orders to OCS don’t include PCS orders- you get those close to OCS graduation. If you move your family before you will not be reimbursed.

OHARP was awesome in that it gave you time to sort that stuff out. Figuring it out without it will suck, hopefully you have some leave to burn.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
It’ll be where your family was last on your orders, so your current duty station. The Navy won’t pay to move you until after OCS. Orders to OCS don’t include PCS orders- you get those close to OCS graduation. If you move your family before you will not be reimbursed.

OHARP was awesome in that it gave you time to sort that stuff out. Figuring it out without it will suck, hopefully you have some leave to burn.
Good to know. I was told my orders would say OCS, Newport, RI and then Pensacola (accompanied). Either way, I’ll pay to drive cross country and move our stuff into storage for the 3 months. Just didn’t know how it works. So even if I check out of my command and our family is not in CA but instead on the east coast, our BAH will be CA?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I was wondering if anyone knew how BAH works while I’m at OCS. I always thought it was based off where your family was located but I was told today by a guy in ADMIN that it would be where I am. I’m planning on moving my family to Florida before I leave for OCS since we will be moving down there after OCS and to avoid having to come back to CA to move all of our stuff.

CA BAH will be higher than Floridas so keep that in mind

FloridaDad

Just a heads up to everyone, got a call early from my recruiter that the OCS date I was assigned has been canceled for me. Apparently pretty much all the civilians from this board that got dates are having our dates changed. Someone forgot about the backlog so they sent an email out changing everything. I don’t have a new date yet and they told him it would be assigned later. So if you got a date, give your recruiter a call because it may have been changed.

68Chev

Just curious. Anyone in the Salt Lake City Area? Going out there to get some flight hours. In a month.

Storm27324

Just got an email from Mr Celestin which included my Skipper and XO, once OCS approves my file, I’ll receive orders in 30-45 business days which will be September so I’m assuming I’ll be in the Oct class, if not then a few classes after.
Got the same email. My CoC put first Avail so I'm guessing Aug-Oct July class is too close for this time-frame

alnkndriks

SNA (NIFE II)
CATNRAC shows a class approx every two weeks. Quotas and availability looks open but assumably varies due to NRCs necessary management and ownership (can’t just sign up). my CO is requesting 13AUG

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Based on a previous ocs candidate from my command, they treat ocs as a TDY then with hatdcopys close to grad will dictate any hold/leave time, ultimate and intermediate stops. I'm stationed at NAS Kingsville (lucky me), with the pipeline the way it is the "Wing" suspects I'll be held here until class up. I'm getting hooked up with t45 sim time in the meantime and an interim Divo/oic (paper boy) position post ocs according to my Skipper and DepHead if it pans out this way. Everyone seems excited to have a baby quad zero ensign running around for a few months ???

All pay and bah will stay at current command until pcs to Pcola. Personally, I'd wait to pcs until you have an ultimate because like me they could send you back to Cali while you're family waits 6-9 months for you to catch up. All out of pocket.

Everyone's situation will be different, I'm taking leave to celebrate and just gonna stand by until further instruction and get in the best shape I can before I ship ????
I get that but the issue is my family and her siblings are from MD. Her parents moved down to FL last year and we’re in the middle of nowhere in CA. I get things like this will happen once I get deployed but that’s not the case right now and I don’t want her to be stuck out here for 3 months with our 8 month when she could be around other people. That’s the main reason for wanting to do it. Her sanity ?? but also so she’s not alone. Worst case I drive us back cross country